Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont President's Club MASTER FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2018, 7:14 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
So my call finally came through after 25 minutes of holding.

The agent, without actually checking my account, just told me that I'd receive an email this afternoon with a link with which I'll be able to activate my account. Great.
And for that I was on hold for 25 minutes. Worth it?

I guess all we can do is continue playing the waiting game.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold, Fairmont Plat
Where are you guys seeing the certs? I don't see anywhere in the new Accor site that has even the pre-existing certs. Benefits listing, a platinum loyalty card page, and the points history showing six nights credited. Where should I be looking?
Old Jul 4, 2018, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by jounce
Where are you guys seeing the certs? I don't see anywhere in the new Accor site that has even the pre-existing certs. Benefits listing, a platinum loyalty card page, and the points history showing six nights credited. Where should I be looking?
"My Account" -> "My Loyalty and Membership" -> "My Vouchers"
Old Jul 4, 2018, 2:31 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold, Fairmont Plat
Hmm, not seeing that. Sweet, sounds like this will be fun to get fixed.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 5:25 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
My missing bonus certs were posted. Guess they are doing them in waves, indeed.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:05 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
How does a room upgrade certificate work?

You can apply a room upgrade on nearly any booking and any date (see exceptions below). In order to apply the room upgrade certificate you need to call Fairmont President's Club or contact the hotel directly. A room upgrade is valid for a stay of up to five nights and entitles you to an upgrade to the next room category (one category upgrade; excluding suites). Note that moderate rooms are excluded from using any sort of upgrade certificates.
Let's say I would like a Gold room, and I have room upgrade certs available. Can I book the Fairmont room, use a room upgrade cert to upgrade from the Fairmont room to the Deluxe room, and then pay the difference between Gold and Deluxe to further upgrade to Gold? I would have essentially saved a few dollars which correspond to the difference in value between the Fairmont room and the Deluxe room.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:26 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by escape4
Let's say I would like a Gold room, and I have room upgrade certs available. Can I book the Fairmont room, use a room upgrade cert to upgrade from the Fairmont room to the Deluxe room, and then pay the difference between Gold and Deluxe to further upgrade to Gold? I would have essentially saved a few dollars which correspond to the difference in value between the Fairmont room and the Deluxe room.
Yes, if Gold rooms are available it's possible to upgrade with the price based on your already by certificate upgraded room. Depending on how lucky you are, this could correspond with a few hundred dollars saved.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by escape4
At least according the rules it doesn't really work that way.

That being said, you could always contact the in-house reservation department directly after applying the room upgrade cert and ask what they'd charge you to upgrade to a Fairmont Gold room. There's always a chance that they'll base the upcharge on the price of a Deluxe room, or in some rare cases, may even offer a discounted fee for upgrading to a Gold room.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:32 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Nick Art
Yes, if Gold rooms are available it's possible to upgrade with the price based on your already by certificate upgraded room. Depending on how lucky you are, this could correspond with a few hundred dollars saved.
At least according the rules it doesn't really work that way.

That being said, you could always contact the in-house reservation department directly after applying the room upgrade cert and ask what they'd charge you to upgrade to a Fairmont Gold room. There's always a chance that they'll base the upcharge on the price of a Deluxe room, or in some rare cases, may even offer a discounted fee for upgrading to a Gold room.
I think I'll have to clarify my comment to not be contradicting out FPC mod:
While he's probably right that it doesn't work that way I've seen reports on FT that exactly that was possible. (i.e. they booked a room and used a room upgrade cert and then got an offer based on their new room catgeory to upgrade to a Gold room (I think it was 60 something bucks per night?) although that might be only on certain properties)
Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Nick Art
I think I'll have to clarify my comment to not be contradicting out FPC mod:
While he's probably right that it doesn't work that way I've seen reports on FT that exactly that was possible. (i.e. they booked a room and used a room upgrade cert and then got an offer based on their new room catgeory to upgrade to a Gold room (I think it was 60 something bucks per night?) although that might be only on certain properties)
Haha, you're definitely allowed to contradict me.

And that's correct - there have been some reports of the standby e-upgrade offers being based on the upgraded room category (though not consistently in my pexperience), but not a straight-forward, confirmed "buy up".
Old Jul 24, 2018, 5:08 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Haha, you're definitely allowed to contradict me.

And that's correct - there have been some reports of the standby e-upgrade offers being based on the upgraded room category (though not consistently in my pexperience), but not a straight-forward, confirmed "buy up".
It seems to vary by property or agent in how they process it. Often the estandby offer is just based on the room paid and not the room upgraded into. This results in offers to upgrade for a fee to rooms lower than what you've already confirmed for free. Sometimes, you get offers to upgrade from the upgraded room. My experience suggests much more success when the booking is done through in-house res than through the central office.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.