Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Master Thread Fairmont promos & special rates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master Thread Fairmont promos & special rates

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2014, 10:04 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ConciergeBrandon
I tried to book with the summer promo (20% off till Sept 30th 2014) code for Quebec City Le Chateau Frontenac but to no avail. Is there any other promo for this particular location?
I am not sure if they will offer again the "Christmas in November" promo which was great. But as the name indicates it is for stay in November...
Old Sep 4, 2014, 8:01 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
I tried to book with the summer promo (20% off till Sept 30th 2014) code for Quebec City Le Chateau Frontenac but to no avail. Is there any other promo for this particular location?
I've had problems booking on the FPC website many times trying to get a promotion code to work. This promotion is clearly available on the Chateau Frontenac site, so it's probably just the buggy website acting up again. I would call central reservations to make the booking.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 4:03 am

Thanks, I did. The promo rate is no longer available for this hotel. I got the AAA/CAA rate, which is almost the same.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 6:58 pm

Thanks, I did. The promo rate is no longer available for this hotel. I got the AAA/CAA rate, which is almost the same.
That doesn't sound right, because the promotion is available until Sep 30. I just tried it on the website, and it is bookable for the Chateau Frontenac. What dates were you looking at? The terms do say that 14 day advance reservation is required, so if you were looking for anything prior to Sep 19, then it won't be available.

I like the CAA rates at many properties. Sometimes they are better than the moments offers, but I like the fact that they are cancellable and do not require a deposit, unlike the moments promotion that requires a non-refundable deposit on the first night.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 7:31 pm

Planning on staying 3 nights in Nanjing China this January. Not sure if I should use Amex Promo for 3rd Night Free (PMXX) or my soon to be expiring 3rd Night Free Certificate. Would appreciate any feedback on which offer would be better.

The pro's and con's that I can find is:

Amex Promo (PMXX)
https://www.fairmont.com/americas/axp-usa/
- $25 Hotel Credit
- Paid Night Room Rates are Normal Rates (not sure if with certificate it is with lowest rate)

3rd Night Free Certificate -
-Can get additional 20% off if purchase/use Egift Certificate as payment
- Read that Might not be able to use with Dining Certificates
Old Nov 26, 2014, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by phiota
Planning on staying 3 nights in Nanjing China this January. Not sure if I should use Amex Promo for 3rd Night Free (PMXX) or my soon to be expiring 3rd Night Free Certificate. Would appreciate any feedback on which offer would be better.

The pro's and con's that I can find is:

Amex Promo (PMXX)
https://www.fairmont.com/americas/axp-usa/
- $25 Hotel Credit
- Paid Night Room Rates are Normal Rates (not sure if with certificate it is with lowest rate)

3rd Night Free Certificate -
-Can get additional 20% off if purchase/use Egift Certificate as payment
- Read that Might not be able to use with Dining Certificates
I don't think you could use your 3rd night free with the Amex rates, when the 3rd night is already free. You could probably extend it to 4 nights and use the cert, getting 4 nights at the regular price of 2.

If staying 3 nights, as you've already determined, there is really not much advantage to using your certificate, when comparing the two options you've mentioned. They work out to the same price, however, Amex gets you the stay credit and doesn't burn a cert. However, there is a cheaper option.

You could book the Moments 15% off deal and still use your 3rd night free. You would have to prepay 1 night, on which you couldn't use a gift certificate, but you could use a discounted gift certificate on the 2nd night, and of course the 3rd would be free. After factoring in all the discounts, this option would be 6.5% cheaper than the Amex rates. The downside, is you have to prepay a non-refundable night. As long as you don't plan to cancel, then this may be the best option.

In summary... If extending to 4 nights, book the Amex 3rd night free rates, and use your free night cert, and use discounted gift certificates for all paid nights.

If staying 3 nights, book the moments offer, prepay a night on the credit card, use your free night cert, and use discounted gift certificates for the remaining paid night.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:48 pm

Canada DH that's for the suggestions. My schedule is flexible so the number of days I stay is open. I assumed that the Amex deal (PMXX) and the use of the 3rd night free certificate would not be allowed. Great if it can though :-)
Old Jul 23, 2015, 7:07 pm

Programs: IC Spire Amb, RC Plat, Shangri-La GC, and more.
SF weekday suite deal

I received a very interesting offer in the mail today from "Gilt City" for the San Francisco Fairmont:

Two-Night Weekday Stay in a Specialty Suite

"Two-night weekday stay at Fairmont San Francisco in a Specialty Suite; choose from The Cambridge Suite or Buckingham Balcony Suite."

Potentially very nice, seems to be ~$1700 with tax. Yet without knowing availability, perhaps not for those without flexibility in their schedules.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 7:03 pm

AMEX Promo

Just received, snail mail flyer:

promo code PAMX - book and pay with any AMEX card

20% off accommodations, plus a $50 daily credit

Book by 10/31/2015

Stays through 2/29/2016

Fairmont, Raffles, Swissotel
Old Oct 23, 2015, 4:45 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
Just received, snail mail flyer:

promo code PAMX - book and pay with any AMEX card

20% off accommodations, plus a $50 daily credit

Book by 10/31/2015

Stays through 2/29/2016

Fairmont, Raffles, Swissotel
this is a fairly awesome promo! Thanks for posting
Old Oct 23, 2015, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by mintcilantro
this is a fairly awesome promo! Thanks for posting
It is a nice rate. However, do note that it requires full prepayment of the entire stay at the time of booking. For anyone staying 4 or 5 nights, you're probably better with the standard PMXX Amex rate which is generally getting the 4th night free and it's cancellable and has no deposit requirement.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 10:35 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Amazing Calgary promotion - weekends only

CALGARY 48 SHOPPING PACKAGE - $75 SHOPPING GIFT CARD AND PARKING. BOOK VIA FAIRMONT.COM AND RECEIVE COMPLIMENTARY INTERNET ACCESS. ($129 WORTH OF VALUE ADDS)

Rates from CA$179 including Valet, internet and $75 shopping gift card
Old Oct 24, 2015, 1:29 pm

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
It is a nice rate. However, do note that it requires full prepayment of the entire stay at the time of booking. For anyone staying 4 or 5 nights, you're probably better with the standard PMXX Amex rate which is generally getting the 4th night free and it's cancellable and has no deposit requirement.
The B/E between a rate that offers 20% off and $50 per night credit and one that offers a 4th night free (25% off) and a $25 per stay credit is $875 for a four night stay assuming one values the credit as cash. For a five night stay with a 4th night free (20% discount) and $25 per stay, it would be $225 cheaper regardless of the rate to use the 20% discount and $50 per night code.

Since interest rates are very low, I wouldn't be too concerned about the cash flow implications. On the other hand, there is a significant benefit to a cancellable rate that isn't reflected in my calculation.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by rny321
The B/E between a rate that offers 20% off and $50 per night credit and one that offers a 4th night free (25% off) and a $25 per stay credit is $875 for a four night stay assuming one values the credit as cash. For a five night stay with a 4th night free (20% discount) and $25 per stay, it would be $225 cheaper regardless of the rate to use the 20% discount and $50 per night code.

Since interest rates are very low, I wouldn't be too concerned about the cash flow implications. On the other hand, there is a significant benefit to a cancellable rate that isn't reflected in my calculation.
For sure you have to assign some value to the additional F&B credit. However, there are many hotels where I could very easily spend hundreds of dollars on dining (like Banff), and others where I'd have to go out of my way to use up more than a small credit (like Tremblant or Boston). Especially when staying on the gold floor when breakfast is included. It depends on what food options the hotel has vs. what is available nearby.

The big problem I have with prepaid rates is, most of the time, I find myself paying for my rooms using Fairmont gift cards that I purchase at their semi-annual sales, which work out to 17% off (or 20% for the Life Experience sales). Having the hotel refund the prepayment upon checkout so you can apply the gift cards can work, but causes a problem if your bill is in a foreign currency, and you lose out on the exchange rate between the charge and the refund on your credit card.

Stacking with discounted gift cards can change the differential from 20% off on the PAMX code to 37.5% off on the PMXX promo. Plus whatever you value the flexibility at. 3 out of 4 stays, I probably don't change or cancel my bookings, but there are a number of times when I do, but it's hard to assign a value to that.

Like any other promo, you just have to do the math on each booking.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 4:56 pm

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
For sure you have to assign some value to the additional F&B credit. However, there are many hotels where I could very easily spend hundreds of dollars on dining (like Banff), and others where I'd have to go out of my way to use up more than a small credit (like Tremblant or Boston). Especially when staying on the gold floor when breakfast is included. It depends on what food options the hotel has vs. what is available nearby.

The big problem I have with prepaid rates is, most of the time, I find myself paying for my rooms using Fairmont gift cards that I purchase at their semi-annual sales, which work out to 17% off (or 20% for the Life Experience sales). Having the hotel refund the prepayment upon checkout so you can apply the gift cards can work, but causes a problem if your bill is in a foreign currency, and you lose out on the exchange rate between the charge and the refund on your credit card.

Stacking with discounted gift cards can change the differential from 20% off on the PAMX code to 37.5% off on the PMXX promo. Plus whatever you value the flexibility at. 3 out of 4 stays, I probably don't change or cancel my bookings, but there are a number of times when I do, but it's hard to assign a value to that.

Like any other promo, you just have to do the math on each booking.
You made several great points.

I usually end spending some money on drinks and some food at resorts anyway and $50 per family is easy to use. In cities like Boston or San Francisco, I would value the food credit at a much lower rate. When booking reservations in Boston, there is frequently an option to pay $40 for a $50 F&B credit which still doesn't appeal to me. Between breakfast, extensive appetizers and an open bar on the gold floor at the Fairmont Peace, we could easily have avoided buying a meal in Shanghai but still managed some hotel spending.

My biggest problem with virtual gift cards has been getting some of the hotels that I stayed in to understand how to apply them. I haven't had a problem getting my credit card refunded so that I can use gift cards. Since using Platinum dining certificates can take time, I usually try to get the front desk to apply them along with my gift cards a day or more before I checkout. When there is one flight a day in the morning, I don't want to be the person holding up the line for a long time while the front desk tries to apply certificates and gift cards.

Although there are transaction fees, I assume that it is just as likely that exchange rates will move in my favor as against me.

I am looking forward to the next gift card sale.

Last edited by rny321; Oct 24, 2015 at 5:22 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.