Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

20% Bonus on Fairmont e-Gift Cards - Nov 23, 2018 - 2 to 5 PM EST

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20% Bonus on Fairmont e-Gift Cards - Nov 23, 2018 - 2 to 5 PM EST

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2018, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by escape4
I am assuming that when using vouchers, the spend will count towards the 5600 EUR required to requalify for Platinum just like if the room was paid without a gift card?
Yes, it's just another method of payment, which has no effect on the calculation of Le Club points earned.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 12:56 am

Verified. Chase Sapphire shows as 1x points.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 2:21 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

If I want to buy in both USD and CAD (I'm based in Canada, have a USD card, and am planning a trip to the US), it looks like I need to do this in two transactions? If I don't exceed $5000 total, can I use the same card for both or should I use two separate cards to be on the safe side?

Also, these are usable in the Fairmont restaurants, correct?

Thanks.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 4:56 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by nock
Verified. Chase Sapphire shows as 1x points.
Thanks for confirming
Old Nov 23, 2018, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by arnel
If I want to buy in both USD and CAD (I'm based in Canada, have a USD card, and am planning a trip to the US), it looks like I need to do this in two transactions? If I don't exceed $5000 total, can I use the same card for both or should I use two separate cards to be on the safe side?

Also, these are usable in the Fairmont restaurants, correct?

Thanks.
It's not about using two separate credit cards to be safe, you simply will not get the bonus on separate purchases if you use the same card. The bonus is on the total value of gift cards in a single purchase, per credit card used.

They have posted the full terms and conditions here:

e-GIFT CARD PROMOTION RULES & REGULATIONS: Fairmont Moments

Yes, you can use the gift cards toward dining or other hotel services.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 1:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Shoot. I bought the a bunch of cards without realizing they couldn't be used at Sofitels. Time to plan a different vacation or find a friend, I guess!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.