Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

22% Discount on Lifeexperiences.ca certificates until Nov 29, 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2018, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE

For those who are planning to stay at a Canadian Fairmont property, lifeexperiences.ca is having a 22% Black Friday sale. They typically have a 20% sale every year, but this is the first time I've seen 22%.

This still isn't as good a deal as the 25% discount through costco.ca, but for those who are not Costco members and looking to get in on the deal, you can purchase directly from the LE site at 22% off.

I received the below via e-mail from lifeexperiences.ca.

Old Nov 25, 2018, 5:36 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
I do not see any booking options for Fairmont through costco.ca
Old Nov 25, 2018, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
I do not see any booking options for Fairmont through costco.ca
You won't. It's lifeexperiences.ca that sells $100 Fairmont certificates. However, Costco sells LifeExperience certificates. Their regular price is $74.99 for a $100 certificate. You then take that generic LE certificate and use it to buy the Fairmont certificates on the LE site.

They only sell them in $100 denominations, and there is officially a max of 10 certificates per booking (not always enforced), so unless you have a cheap stay somewhere, you might not be able to pay your entire booking with these, but it's still a nice discount. They are only good at Canadian Fairmont properties.

I've had luck going down the front desk each day and applying $1,000 at a time against my room account. Many agents are aware of the 10 certificate limit, but don't always check your room account to see if you've already applied some earlier in your stay. Therefore, I always travel armed with a stack of the LE certs (purchased through Costco) and the regular Fairmont gift certificates (purchased through the semi-annual online sales). I try to use as many LE certs as I can, and pay the balance with regular Fairmont certificates.

Last edited by CanadaDH; Nov 25, 2018 at 7:22 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.