Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When do new status certs show up?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2015, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

When do new status certs show up?

Do the upgrade, third night free, willow/spa, etc. certs usually show up in FPC accounts right on March 1? I seem to remember last year there was a bit of a delay (and also seem to remember there was some discussion of timing and what to do if you want to try to apply an upgrade by the certs haven't posted yet, but can't find it and my search skills stink).
Old Feb 11, 2015, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by lkar
Do the upgrade, third night free, willow/spa, etc. certs usually show up in FPC accounts right on March 1? I seem to remember last year there was a bit of a delay (and also seem to remember there was some discussion of timing and what to do if you want to try to apply an upgrade by the certs haven't posted yet, but can't find it and my search skills stink).
I also seem to recall that the certs did not always post exactly on March 1, but I may be mistaken.

In any case, you should be able to call FPC and have them apply the cert before March 1 since they can verify that you've re-qualified, though obviously this is not a published benefit.

The only potential issue is that the new black-out dates haven't been published yet, but you'll still have to comply with them (as long as you avoid the typical times such as Christmas/NYE/Thanksgiving, you should be fine; the list for each property is very similar each year)
Old Feb 11, 2015, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
The only potential issue is that the new black-out dates haven't been published yet, but you'll still have to comply with them (as long as you avoid the typical times such as Christmas/NYE/Thanksgiving, you should be fine; the list for each property is very similar each year)
Thanks Jasper. This link seems to be the 2015 and 2016 limited access dates for Fairmont certs, if I'm reading it right. The heading says 2014/2015, but it seems to have the dates through 2016. Do they revise them on March 1?

https://www.fairmont.com/my-fpc/limitedaccess/
Old Feb 11, 2015, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks Jasper. This link seems to be the 2015 and 2016 limited access dates for Fairmont certs, if I'm reading it right. The heading says 2014/2015, but it seems to have the dates through 2016. Do they revise them on March 1?

https://www.fairmont.com/my-fpc/limitedaccess/
Indeed, those seem to be the new dates. Afaik zhey are not changed once the list is published.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
In any case, you should be able to call FPC and have them apply the cert before March 1 since they can verify that you've re-qualified, though obviously this is not a published benefit.
I was able to do just that yesterday, made a booking using new suite upgrade and Plat free night certs that don't yet appear in my profile.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Thanks. Since I requal by virtue of the credit card and didn't have 5 stays last year, unlike prior years, they are saying I need to wait.

I have another related question -- if it needs to go in a different thread, that's fine. How do the properties tend to handle stays that include one or two blackout dates? I have an upcoming trip for five days, the last two of which are blackout dates. Can I book a five day reservation (using FHR for example) and then try to apply a suite upgrade for the first three days. I'm ok changing rooms. Or will the two blackout days foul up the whole reservation and require me to book separate rooms? How about dining certs? Do they really parse it all out at the property and ask which day I had breakfast or whatever?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks. Since I requal by virtue of the credit card and didn't have 5 stays last year, unlike prior years, they are saying I need to wait.

I have another related question -- if it needs to go in a different thread, that's fine. How do the properties tend to handle stays that include one or two blackout dates? I have an upcoming trip for five days, the last two of which are blackout dates. Can I book a five day reservation (using FHR for example) and then try to apply a suite upgrade for the first three days. I'm ok changing rooms. Or will the two blackout days foul up the whole reservation and require me to book separate rooms? How about dining certs? Do they really parse it all out at the property and ask which day I had breakfast or whatever?
Regarding upgrade certs: Usually they won't allow you to apply the cert for the entire stay, espeically if two out of five nights are affected, but again YYMV. Usually your reservation would be split (or you could just make two reservations to begin with) and then apply the upgrade cert for the first three nights.

Generally, the T&C of the dining certs are only loosely enforced, but I'm sure it's somewhat property-dependent.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 6:07 pm

How about dining certs? Do they really parse it all out at the property and ask which day I had breakfast or whatever?
My limited experience is that when I checked out they went down the list of what I had charged to the room, looked at my available certs in my account, and asked me if I wanted to apply the value of the certs against the charges.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 9:18 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by ddallas
My limited experience is that when I checked out they went down the list of what I had charged to the room, looked at my available certs in my account, and asked me if I wanted to apply the value of the certs against the charges.
Exactly my experience - just did this at Abu Dhabi Fairmont last week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.