FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When do new status certs show up?
View Single Post
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:26 pm
Jasper2009
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by lkar
Thanks. Since I requal by virtue of the credit card and didn't have 5 stays last year, unlike prior years, they are saying I need to wait.

I have another related question -- if it needs to go in a different thread, that's fine. How do the properties tend to handle stays that include one or two blackout dates? I have an upcoming trip for five days, the last two of which are blackout dates. Can I book a five day reservation (using FHR for example) and then try to apply a suite upgrade for the first three days. I'm ok changing rooms. Or will the two blackout days foul up the whole reservation and require me to book separate rooms? How about dining certs? Do they really parse it all out at the property and ask which day I had breakfast or whatever?
Regarding upgrade certs: Usually they won't allow you to apply the cert for the entire stay, espeically if two out of five nights are affected, but again YYMV. Usually your reservation would be split (or you could just make two reservations to begin with) and then apply the upgrade cert for the first three nights.

Generally, the T&C of the dining certs are only loosely enforced, but I'm sure it's somewhat property-dependent.