Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont extending certificate dates

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2018, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Have a look at the end of this thread...

Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership

I suspect you're just another one of us, who for some mysterious reason, unknown even to Accor, have not been able to see our certs on the website for the past week. The advice I received by CS, was that they had no idea why it was happening, but to check back later. Your certs should still be there and be usable, but you just can't see them.

But fear not... Accor's crack IT team, who is both skilled and dedicated to the cause, is on top of it! Just as soon as they finish their union lunch break, they might take a shot at trying to figure out what caused the mess, or will at least come up with some reason to blame it on you, the customer.

I just thought I'd share my experience. Yes I started panicking yesterday when I realised the certs were expiring and I went in and couldn't see my certs.

1. My certs can be seen on the Accor app, but not the PC
2. My SO's certs can be seen on the PC. Haven't tried the app

I remember checking the PC for both accounts post merger and they could both be seen.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 7:34 pm

My certs are always redeemed at checkout.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
I just thought I'd share my experience. Yes I started panicking yesterday when I realised the certs were expiring and I went in and couldn't see my certs.

1. My certs can be seen on the Accor app, but not the PC
2. My SO's certs can be seen on the PC. Haven't tried the app

I remember checking the PC for both accounts post merger and they could both be seen.
Thanks for that tip! Missing certs are visible on the app for me too. ^
Old Nov 18, 2018, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Any idea if it's easy to apply certificates you have to other people's bookings? I'm in a situation where I'm going to end up with extra certs, and I'd like to use them if possible towards other reservations that people have.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 6:39 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Any idea if it's easy to apply certificates you have to other people's bookings? I'm in a situation where I'm going to end up with extra certs, and I'd like to use them if possible towards other reservations that people have.
You would need to transfer the certificates to the account of your friend (who is supposed to be family, but I can't imagine they could easily challenge you on who you say your family is). Once transferred, your friend could apply the certificate to a booking.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 10:35 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
PsiFighter, please see this thread, esp. starting with Post #9, where I asked a similar question. The bad thing is that the rules say/ said immediate family only: the member's parents, siblings, and children. It used to be transferable online.
If one must phone in now, a member who is a man will probably raise suspicion if transferring to another male with a different last name! Which makes it hard to pretend that the receiver is the giver's father, brother, or son!

Last edited by Brendan; Jan 1, 2019 at 12:58 pm
Old Dec 12, 2018, 8:25 pm

Programs: Accor Plat, Marriott Plat
I just called in looking for a 5 night stay and applying a suite upgrade, checking in on the Feb 28th. I was told that the suite upgrade period expires on the 28th, so it wouldn't work out. The recommendation was to see if I could switch my trip to check out on the 28th or even March 1st.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by chauncey
I just called in looking for a 5 night stay and applying a suite upgrade, checking in on the Feb 28th. I was told that the suite upgrade period expires on the 28th, so it wouldn't work out. The recommendation was to see if I could switch my trip to check out on the 28th or even March 1st.
Unless Accor has changed the rules, the upgrade certificate does not need to be valid for the duration of the stay. It only needs to be valid at the time of check-in, which is when the hotels are supposed to redeem them. I would call back again. Or better yet, just call in-house reservations at the property directly. With any luck, the local staff at the individual properties haven't been accorified yet, and may still have their functioning brain cells.
Brendan likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 7:48 pm

Programs: Accor Plat, Marriott Plat
That's what I thought too, but the Moncton agent double-checked and was quite certain. I suspect that it's related to be big shift to Accor. Fortunately, I was able to rearrange my trip and it all worked out in the end.
Brendan likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe Fairmont is no longer allowing transfer of certs. A friend has offered me his spa certs. Is there any way I can use these if I will be traveling on my own?
Brendan likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
I believe Fairmont is no longer allowing transfer of certs. A friend has offered me his spa certs. Is there any way I can use these if I will be traveling on my own?
There is another thread around here somewhere. You can't transfer them online anymore, but apparently can call in to have it done. I think there is also a catch, that the person you're transferring to, must have had an FPC account so that the Accor account has a certificate portal to transfer them into, which is obviously not a problem in your case.
margarita girl and Brendan like this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 10:39 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Hey, MargaritaGirl, has your friend phoned in to transfer cert.s to you? Was he successful?
Old Dec 20, 2018, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Brendan
Hey, MargaritaGirl, has your friend phoned in to transfer cert.s to you? Was he successful?
He hasn't called yet. He'll wait until the new year.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:54 pm

I just successfully transferred a $25 food/ spa certificate & a Suite Upgrade certificate by phoning Moncton, even though I was only Premier !
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:45 pm

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
I used $100 worth of dining certificates from two different member accounts at a Fairmont hotel bar without a corresponding stay last month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.