Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Permanent FPC Platinum for $2000

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2017, 3:06 pm

What a disappointment!

So our annual complimentary night is just vanishing from here on out?
Old Dec 12, 2017, 3:14 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ctownflyer
So, is there any basis for a class action lawsuit?
For what? If the program doesn't exist, I think it is safe to say the benefit is over.

That being said, I'd be happy if we kept status, but I won't cross my fingers in 2020.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 6:43 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I emailed the address given out and received a reply containing this:

In regards to your status in the new Le Club AccorHotels program, we are pleased to announce that you will maintain your Lifetime Platinum status!

Can't wait to get my confirmed upgrades in an Accor hotel now you guys :-)
Old Dec 13, 2017, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by gpapadop
I emailed the address given out and received a reply containing this:

In regards to your status in the new Le Club AccorHotels program, we are pleased to announce that you will maintain your Lifetime Platinum status!

Can't wait to get my confirmed upgrades in an Accor hotel now you guys :-)
Keep dreaming.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 6:56 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Keep dreaming.
I saved the response.

DOT complaint next? :-)
Old Dec 15, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
I saved the response.

DOT complaint next? :-)
You forget that my original EECB helped salvage the original deal. I'll do another EECB, then DoT, and then let the lawyers figure it out.
I know you can't kvetch about this too much George as you have one as well

Going to EECB the following to Fairmont/Accor. Anyone have any further thoughts or suggestions to help our case?

To Whom It May Concern,

I write with respect to the Fairmont Lifetime Platinum Status offer, a copy of which can be found here: https://web.archive.org/web/20110225...ckage-for-four

It is my understanding that people who paid up to $10,000 in 2011 for Fairmont Lifetime Platinum status will retain lifetime Accor Platinum status, but will no longer receive the annual free night, confirmed room/suite upgrades, spa/dining certificates, or Platinum passion certificates after 2018.

These benefits are part of the package I purchased in 2011 and must continue to be provided under the contract. As can be seen in the original deal terms (linked to above),the purchases "include(d) an automatic upgrade to The Fairmont President's Club Platinum Level membership, so you can enjoy presidential perks like room or suite upgrades and food-and-beverage certificates at The Fairmont for a lifetime."

Fairmont has no right or ability to terminate the benefits specified in this contract. The lifetime Platinum members, including myself, invested a great deal of money based on the promise of those annual certificates for a lifetime. Lifetime is a clear contract term, I relied upon the lifetime term in purchasing the deal and expect Fairmont will honor its contractual obligations. I seek your immediate written confirmation that Fairmont will honor the lifetime Platinum status with the annual certificates as written in the original terms.

Additionally, this information about the removal of the annual certificates is inconsistent with prior Fairmont statements. Previously, the official Fairmont representative to Flyertalk confirmed that, "the Fairmont San Francisco will honor every purchased LivingSocial package as it was marketed and sold" as posted here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fair...l#post15933285

The USAToday also quotes Fairmont as saying the Living Social offer would be honored as it was marketed and sold, which specifically mentions the annual certificates lasting for a lifetime:
https://web.archive.org/web/20110302...tatus/144791/1

The holders of lifetime Fairmont status expect and demand the contract to be honored as promised and required, and I write to secure official confirmation to that effect, namely that the holders of lifetime Fairmont Platinum status, including myself, will receive for life the same benefits we have received from 2011-2017. Those benefits were part of the consideration in entering into the contract. Please confirm that Fairmont will continue to honor this contract.

Looking forward to your prompt response.

This letter is written without prejudice to or waiver of my rights, claims, and remedies, all of which are expressly reserved.

Sincerely,
Daniel Eleff,
CEO, DansDeals.com

Last edited by ctownflyer; Dec 15, 2017 at 2:21 pm
Old Dec 15, 2017, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Hmmm... excellent point. I have one of those deals and only purchased it because it was supposed to be for lifetime.

However, like lifetime guarantees on physical products, the "makers" can say it's for the lifetime of the product, not the individual.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 5:05 pm

Well. keep me posted Dan I guess.

I chuckled at this I must admit:

" invested a great deal of money..."

I am not even sure the Accor IT can handle this
Old Dec 17, 2017, 7:26 pm

Well. keep me posted Dan I guess.

I chuckled at this I must admit:

" invested a great deal of money..."

I am not even sure the Accor IT can handle this
Actually I'm going to ask that they are honor 114 packages and leave yours cancelled
Old Dec 18, 2017, 7:11 am

If you do that...time to get your blog on a list

Anyway, good luck with it. Let me know if I can help.

I am mentally resigned to moving on...Amazing how bad Le Club is! It should be renamed Le Suck!
ptownca likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, AA Lifetime Gold
Thx

Actually I'm going to ask that they are honor 114 packages and leave yours cancelled
We are with you, ctownflyer. It’s a longshot but if enough of us make a fuss they may rethink this.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by bluto

We are with you, ctownflyer. It’s a longshot but if enough of us make a fuss they may rethink this.
The question is, can we find a class action lawyer willing to take up the case vs Fairmont/Accor/Living Social/Groupon if the other avenues fail?
Old Dec 18, 2017, 12:36 pm

That attorney dude who writes at Frequent Miler may be an option. He can go to bat for us, beat them and have this on his resume. Does he do pro bono work?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 6:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Fairmont has no right or ability to terminate the benefits specified in this contract.
Fairmont will cease to exist, therefore I assume all contracts made by Fairmont will be null and void. In addition, rule #1 of every frequent traveler program says they can change the program and benefits at any time. I don't think you have a leg to stand on.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 9:58 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
You forget that my original EECB helped salvage the original deal. I'll do another EECB, then DoT, and then let the lawyers figure it out.
I know you can't kvetch about this too much George as you have one as well

Going to EECB the following to Fairmont/Accor. Anyone have any further thoughts or suggestions to help our case?

To Whom It May Concern,

I write with respect to the Fairmont Lifetime Platinum Status offer, a copy of which can be found here: https://web.archive.org/web/20110225...ckage-for-four

It is my understanding that people who paid up to $10,000 in 2011 for Fairmont Lifetime Platinum status will retain lifetime Accor Platinum status, but will no longer receive the annual free night, confirmed room/suite upgrades, spa/dining certificates, or Platinum passion certificates after 2018.

These benefits are part of the package I purchased in 2011 and must continue to be provided under the contract. As can be seen in the original deal terms (linked to above),the purchases "include(d) an automatic upgrade to The Fairmont President's Club Platinum Level membership, so you can enjoy presidential perks like room or suite upgrades and food-and-beverage certificates at The Fairmont for a lifetime."

Fairmont has no right or ability to terminate the benefits specified in this contract. The lifetime Platinum members, including myself, invested a great deal of money based on the promise of those annual certificates for a lifetime. Lifetime is a clear contract term, I relied upon the lifetime term in purchasing the deal and expect Fairmont will honor its contractual obligations. I seek your immediate written confirmation that Fairmont will honor the lifetime Platinum status with the annual certificates as written in the original terms.

Additionally, this information about the removal of the annual certificates is inconsistent with prior Fairmont statements. Previously, the official Fairmont representative to Flyertalk confirmed that, "the Fairmont San Francisco will honor every purchased LivingSocial package as it was marketed and sold" as posted here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fair...l#post15933285

The USAToday also quotes Fairmont as saying the Living Social offer would be honored as it was marketed and sold, which specifically mentions the annual certificates lasting for a lifetime:
https://web.archive.org/web/20110302...tatus/144791/1

The holders of lifetime Fairmont status expect and demand the contract to be honored as promised and required, and I write to secure official confirmation to that effect, namely that the holders of lifetime Fairmont Platinum status, including myself, will receive for life the same benefits we have received from 2011-2017. Those benefits were part of the consideration in entering into the contract. Please confirm that Fairmont will continue to honor this contract.

Looking forward to your prompt response.

This letter is written without prejudice to or waiver of my rights, claims, and remedies, all of which are expressly reserved.

Sincerely,
Daniel Eleff,
CEO, DansDeals.com
poked the bear, didn't you.. ;-(

My understanding from others at least is that Lifetime Platinum will be maintained with Accor, but well Platinum at Accor leaves a great deal to be desired.

We're probably not going to be anything above that at all IMHO. The best comparable is getting Lifetime Million Miler status on UA (gold) and losing free Domestic Upgrades, free three bags, etc. They made the case and won that they could depricate benefits and not run afoul of the meaning of "lifetime"

Last edited by nmenaker; Dec 22, 2017 at 11:07 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.