Permanent FPC Platinum for $2000

Old Mar 10, 2011, 10:26 am

Yeah, my certs are online, too. No package yet, though.

Last edited by thetenken; Mar 10, 2011 at 10:32 am
Old Mar 10, 2011, 11:04 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, Amex Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat
I tried to book this year's free night at the London Savoy and was told it was all booked this year because Savoy releases limited number of rooms per year to the free night certs.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Add me to the list of lifetime plats thanks to living social.

I don't have much use for it, but heck, one night at the Plaza once a year, and the odd chance of actually staying at a Fairmont, is enough for me.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Add me to the list of lifetime plats thanks to living social.

I don't have much use for it, but heck, one night at the Plaza once a year, and the odd chance of actually staying at a Fairmont, is enough for me.
Congrats!

Just a small warning: The Plaza seems to have implemented some sort of capacity control for the use of free nights. This doesnt appear anywhere on the website, but many Plats have had issues, it probably is due to the fact that its only "managed by Fairmont", not "owned by Fairmont", still unacceptable.

You also cant use suite upgrade certs at the Plaza, so overall there many nicer/better options to use your benefits.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 1:56 pm

True, but I'm a Hyatt girl at heart and only purchased the package for the lifetime plat, figuring I could use the free night at the Plaza for our anniversary.

I'll just book it waaaay in advance.

Of course, if I travel somewhere else I can use it, I will.

I'm having a tough time trying to figure out when I can use the Pres suite in SFO
Old Mar 11, 2011, 7:26 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Hsuit
Same here. I have my certs posted to my account already.
Did you simply give the sf property your club number? Was it more complex than that?
Old Mar 11, 2011, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by NYBanker
Did you simply give the sf property your club number? Was it more complex than that?
Not very complex. Call or email them up, and they will set up your room. Give them the LS voucher number and some dates, and they'll do a search. You can also give them your Fairmont PC number.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 1:51 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Did everyone take advantage of their stay and status?
Old Dec 16, 2011, 2:19 pm

I did not. SFO simply didn't fit into my plans. I'm still waiting to use the free night and upgrade at the Plaza next month.

Everything else has gone unused. I purchased it for the lifetime status, with the presidential suite a second thought, since I knew I probably wouldn't use it.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 3:10 pm

Programs: British Airways
If anyone's found that they aren't going to be using this deal, PM me - I might be interested in taking it off your hands.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Hmm

Originally Posted by pancakex
If anyone's found that they aren't going to be using this deal, PM me - I might be interested in taking it off your hands.

Hmm, I don't know how that is possible. the membership cannot be tranferred and the stay must be the person on the membership. I've tried to gift it to friends, hotel said no way. We MIGHT use it end of month, but most likely not.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 2:14 pm

Programs: British Airways
Originally Posted by nmenaker
Hmm, I don't know how that is possible. the membership cannot be tranferred and the stay must be the person on the membership. I've tried to gift it to friends, hotel said no way. We MIGHT use it end of month, but most likely not.
Ah, thanks - I thought that people just bought a cert and it could be redeemed by anyone if they hadn't used it yet to sign up.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 2:39 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

It is doubtful they have any availability left on that room as it is. Maybe they can offer you a different suite in exchange.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 2:50 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I find it hard to believe that Fairmont San Francisco can restrict the use of the Penthouse/suite night purchased with the Lifetime Plat to prevent the purchaser gifting the room to others..
Old Dec 18, 2011, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
I find it hard to believe that Fairmont San Francisco can restrict the use of the Penthouse/suite night purchased with the Lifetime Plat to prevent the purchaser gifting the room to others..
I dont see why they couldnt. A business can issue certs redeemable by the purchaser only. Same thing with FPC certs (and many certs issued by other hotel chains)

Fairmont did a good job at handling the booking error. They honored the ~100 bookings for the suite at the Fairmont SFO incl. lifetime status. Many other hotels would have wriggled out of this. While maybe annoying for some people who use the stay cert this year, it makes perfect sense for Fairmont to not allow a black market/those certs being sold on ebay/etc. for this deal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.