Wiki Posts
Search

Can I Delete Twitter Yet?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2023, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Can I Delete Twitter Yet?

I’ve been contemplating deleting Twitter (or X or whatever Elmo is calling it know).

The only reason I’m hesitant to do so is because, in the past, I used Twitter to request support from United and Hilton on various customer service needs. I’d usually get a fast response, too. This was very useful for me in several irrops situations.

Are travel companies winding down their Twitter presence? Would I get a good response from travel providers via Facebook Messenger or other platforms, if needed?
Old Aug 1, 2023, 4:48 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
I block every advertiser/advertisement that pops up on X. I suppose it’s a bit of engagement for the platform, but it heals my soul for engaging in such an awful environment. Until there’s a better way to interact with service providers, I remain a reluctant customer.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Deleting an App that you never use might make you feel slightly better, but it is totally irrelevant to the company's financial situation. (before... one might have argued that investors in a public company placed some value on registered user numbers)

If you want to delete the App to stop yourself from doomscrolling every day - with the only thing stopping you being the excuse that you might need Twitter for interacting with travel companies one day - well that's more of an issue for you and how you manage your online life.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 2:33 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by sannmann
I’ve been contemplating deleting Twitter (or X or whatever Elmo is calling it know).

The only reason I’m hesitant to do so is because, in the past, I used Twitter to request support from United and Hilton on various customer service needs. I’d usually get a fast response, too. This was very useful for me in several irrops situations.

Are travel companies winding down their Twitter presence? Would I get a good response from travel providers via Facebook Messenger or other platforms, if needed?
I have found that the Twitter Teams (X Teams?) for travel providers is not what it used to be. In fact, some providers simply DM you back telling you to jump on a different ticket portal...

But I keep TwiXter just in case.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Nope. There's no better way of resolving issues with a myriad of airlines than on Twitter.

Don't cut off your nose to spite your face unless you're a real masochist.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
You still have Twitter?

That place hasn't been useful in years -- and can't say leaving it has had any negative impact on my IRROPS situations. At least IME the Delta Twitter folks became useless around the time of COVID (or at least no more useful than the people you text with)
Old Aug 3, 2023, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by Duke787
You still have Twitter?

That place hasn't been useful in years -- and can't say leaving it has had any negative impact on my IRROPS situations. At least IME the Delta Twitter folks became useless around the time of COVID (or at least no more useful than the people you text with)
DL did become useless over COVID and AS and F9 are as well, but AA, BA, B6, MX, WN, and UA are all dead useful. Marriott and Hyatt are very useful as well.
kokonutz and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 11:02 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by ctownflyer
DL did become useless over COVID and AS and F9 are as well, but AA, BA, B6, MX, WN, and UA are all dead useful. Marriott and Hyatt are very useful as well.
Do not completely discount Frontier Airlines.

Although at times the process was trying, Twitter was actually useful to me more than once in getting customer satisfaction by having issues resolved.
ctownflyer and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Sep 21, 2023, 12:49 am

Programs: Global Entry · WN, UA, AS, DL, NH; IHG, Wyndham, Hilton, Best Value Inn, Marriott, Starwood, Ramada
I do not have the choice. Whatever is the site's name locked me out in February 2023 and will not respond to any inquiries I make on how to get back in.
It is not getting a telephone number from me. I know where that is going to wind up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.