Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

The 13th Annual Chicago Seminars @The Holiday Inn - October 13-15, 2023: The Original

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 13th Annual Chicago Seminars @The Holiday Inn - October 13-15, 2023: The Original

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2023, 10:05 pm

There's a lot (majority?) staying at the HI - I know we sold out the room block, the sold out again when more rooms were opened up. There's also a large number of folks at the HR ORD, and others at the other close-by Hyatts. I think whereever you end up you'll have plenty of company.
Old Oct 8, 2023, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Posts # 6, 7 & 8 are still "reserved for future use."

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer (Post # 37)
Here is the FT thread on the hotel venue.

Holiday Inn Elk Grove Village IL
Originally Posted by RememberTheConcord (Post # 105)
Where are folks staying this year? The TripAdvisor reviews since COVID for the Holiday Inn itself are…. Pretty awful.
Originally Posted by AwardTravelers (Post # 106)
There's a lot (majority?) staying at the HI - I know we sold out the room block, the sold out again when more rooms were opened up. . . .
Let us ask one or more of the FlyerTalkers attending this esteemed event to please update the FT hotel thread linked to in Post # 37.

Knowledge is power.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Posts # 6, 7 & 8 are still "reserved for future use."
I have updated my post, but I remain a bit tuned out due to the present war and unsure if I and/or my family will be in attendance.

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Let us ask one or more of the FlyerTalkers attending this esteemed event to please update the FT hotel thread linked to in Post # 37.
I am sure that can be accomplished. Many of the attendees not staying at the host property at Hyatt Regency O'Hare. There is no group rate in place - last I knew points reservations were available.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 11:15 am

Thanks for the information! This will be my first year attending.

I have canceled my reservation at the Holiday Inn, and reserved a Panaroma Suite at HR ORD. Hopefully my Holiday Inn room goes back into the block, if someone else wants to take it.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
The big event starts today!
IAD_flyer and Traveler56789 like this.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 6:04 pm

Tom Stuker is awesome - freaking great stories!
Old Oct 16, 2023, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Over 300 attendees
Over 15k raised for charity
So much positive feedback sent my way.

Thank you all for executing the plan we worked so hard on. Onward and upward in 2024 and I look forward to attending in person once again.
Old Oct 22, 2023, 1:23 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, United
This event at the Holiday Inn was once again awesome—great speakers, the community, chance to meet fellow Av Geeks like me 😉

Thank you to all the organizers/volunteers for a successful event! Will be back next year ✈️
SPN Lifer and Mrp Alert like this.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 5:21 pm

Has the 2024 date been announced yet?
Old Dec 31, 2023, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This thread was opened in July.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 10:26 am

The 2024 date has now been announced! We hope to see everyone there.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 10:30 am

We've got some big news, so please join us in the new thread.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 10:54 am

Programs: AC*SE • LH*SEN • BA*G • AA*EXP • MB*A • WOH*G • HH*G
Genuinely curious as I'm out of the loop – is this going to be the one and only ChiSem or is this going to be an eenie meenie miney mo all over again?
Old Mar 29, 2024, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Are we talking about The Original Chicago Seminars, The Real Chicago Seminars, The Real Original Chicago Seminars, or The Original Real Chicago Seminars here???
SPN Lifer, SightseeMC and Jason77W like this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by ChicagoSeminars
We've got some big news, so please join us in the new thread.
is there a link for the new thread?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.