Reload this Page >

Josh Cahill [GoTravelYourWay]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Josh Cahill [GoTravelYourWay]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2024, 6:57 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by kokonutz
I doubt US TSA would accept the alias line. But don’t know for sure.
Well, he didn't get a visa for the US (his travels in the middle east preclude him from ESTA, and the rejection of the consulate in Sri Lanka was lamented on twitter), so no chance to test that concept.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 7:02 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Well, he didn't get a visa for the US (his travels in the middle east preclude him from ESTA, and the rejection of the consulate in Sri Lanka was lamented on twitter), so no chance to test that concept.
That seems like a terrible business decision.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 2:23 am

I believe the issue there was that he applied for a B1/B2 visitor visa but was told he needed an I-1 visa as a "member of the foreign media, press and radio" instead.

He never found a situation yet that he couldn't portray himself the victim of.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 2:27 am

I doubt any person with half a brain will accept that as a real name. But from the kerfuffle about the 'name' in the passport that is what he has been (probably) trying to do.
It is not acceptable. ICAO document 9303 specifically states that only the name entered in the MRP zone of the passport may be treated as the legal name for the purpose of facilitation using the document.

I have run into this with German-Ghanaians who booked tickets under their "traditional" names rather than their "legal" names. Our policy allowed them to make a free name change in those cases (although one person refused to do that and was consequently denied boarding and also denied his EU 261/2004 claim when he escalated to the LBA).
hugolover likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.