Josh Cahill [GoTravelYourWay]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Josh Cahill [GoTravelYourWay]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2024, 8:31 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
I can understand the changing in Josh instead of the Joscha part as making it more global appealing,
And using a nom de plume as different surname is nothing new to protect his identity in bookings & reservations ....

Wasn't it at OMAAT that his stalkers/fanboys decided to impersonate him and screwed up his reservations / bookings for travel plans....even his buddy LALF has experienced this

So it is understandable that Josh/Joscha has invented an alias
Old Jan 6, 2024, 9:34 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by StuckInYYZ
Apparently he went to China again (can't teach this dog new tricks)... didn't look into the new video but the thumbnail says he was detained again.
At this point he's just intentionally looking for trouble to get views. But play stupid games long enough and he's going to get a prize he regrets, eventually. Karma always catches up.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 11:39 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
One thing I'lll say for him - at least he reviews interesting and unusual airlines, and not just emirates, qatar and singapore for the thousandth time.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Dave510
At this point he's just intentionally looking for trouble to get views. But play stupid games long enough and he's going to get a prize he regrets, eventually. Karma always catches up.
Pretty sure it'll catch up to him. He's made a lot of people unhappy (more than the "incident" wiki lists).

Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
One thing I'lll say for him - at least he reviews interesting and unusual airlines, and not just emirates, qatar and singapore for the thousandth time.
Others vloggers do as well. Jeb Brooks for example has spread out to a lot of trains lately but still does the occasional airline (or he does some sort of airline challenge). Dennis Bunnik has been doing others. Paul Lucas has as well. The japanese vloggers are also starting to spread out (at least the ones I watch).
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
You mean he hasn't reviewed his 15th flight in Emirates first and doesn't rotate through his dad, mom, and husband as his travel companion? I mean, how else would one know if Emirates periodically changes the flavor of full sized cake provided when you reach out to let them know about how your trip is a "special occasion" and not a trip you are only posting about so you can get a tax write off?
Alpha Golf likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
You mean he hasn't reviewed his 15th flight in Emirates first and doesn't rotate through his dad, mom, and husband as his travel companion? I mean, how else would one know if Emirates periodically changes the flavor of full sized cake provided when you reach out to let them know about how your trip is a "special occasion" and not a trip you are only posting about so you can get a tax write off?
You're mistaking Josh for Dan in this case. And it's his mom and Oscar.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 4:09 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by StuckInYYZ
Pretty sure it'll catch up to him. He's made a lot of people unhappy (more than the "incident" wiki lists).

Others vloggers do as well. Jeb Brooks for example has spread out to a lot of trains lately but still does the occasional airline (or he does some sort of airline challenge). Dennis Bunnik has been doing others. Paul Lucas has as well. The japanese vloggers are also starting to spread out (at least the ones I watch).
I watch these vids all the time, but I don't track who is presenting them. I am watching because I am considering flying in that product.

Do people actually watch these people fly on airplanes for ENTERTAINMENT vs. research?

I find that notion somewhere between odd and absurd. Is it just me?
Old Jan 8, 2024, 3:47 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by kokonutz
I watch these vids all the time, but I don't track who is presenting them. I am watching because I am considering flying in that product.

Do people actually watch these people fly on airplanes for ENTERTAINMENT vs. research?

Background noise - better than the doom-and-gloom news sometimes.
kokonutz likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 10:12 pm

I created a few travel videos about eight years ago on Youtube where I documented flying in Cathay Pacific first with my girlfriend. The videos were fairly basic in nature received over 100k views each in less than a month. About half the comments were from people upset that I did not film the entire take off and entire landing. So I have a suspicion that a large number of people watch them are either obsessed with airplanes and want to live vicariously through these types of videos or use them for some sort of relaxation like ASMR type videos. A small minority were watching them to research future travel. I'd say the other portion were people who watch them for entertainment purposes as they would leave extremely negative comments about how it must be nice to be rich and some choice words about my girlfriend who in one video stole a bite off my plate when we were dining together. The ad rev payout from Youtube/Google was well over $1k for a minimal amount of work. This explains how people that have almost zero personality or charisma are able to make a full time job out of this. When I watch a Non Stop Dan video, he really is just like any other random person you'd find at Reddit Churning Meetup. You no longer have to have the charm of someone like Samantha Brown on the travel channel or the poetic experience of Anthony Bourdain to capture an audience for travel videos on YouTube.
kokonutz and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 1:11 pm

Piss off enough people all over the world, and eventually karma is going to catch up:
https://onemileatatime.com/news/airl...uber-passport/
Old Feb 18, 2024, 12:48 am

Programs: EK Gold, QR Gold, WY Gold, Delta Silver Medallion
There's so much wrong in this. I am no Josh supporter and watching his reviews makes me feel like watching one of those soap operas on TLC. He actively goes around hunting for trouble and ends up making a big fuss out of it, especially from the whole Chinese visa debacle in 2019, MH and whatever the heck happened with QR a couple of months ago. I did try watching his video, the interaction with the manager and he was essentially acting like a Karen based on how he behaved as a person, but that really doesn't justify posting his personal details online like his passport. When you mess around enough, you'll eventually find out.

As one of the commenters on OMAAT said, Aerodili and Josh indeed deserve each other.
Markie likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by qraec777
There's so much wrong in this. I am no Josh supporter and watching his reviews makes me feel like watching one of those soap operas on TLC. He actively goes around hunting for trouble and ends up making a big fuss out of it, especially from the whole Chinese visa debacle in 2019, MH and whatever the heck happened with QR a couple of months ago. I did try watching his video, the interaction with the manager and he was essentially acting like a Karen based on how he behaved as a person, but that really doesn't justify posting his personal details online like his passport. When you mess around enough, you'll eventually find out.

As one of the commenters on OMAAT said, Aerodili and Josh indeed deserve each other.
Yes, what Aerodili did was indeed morally and ethically wrong, but legal in its own jurisdiction. Just as what Cahill does to airlines all over the world: perfectly legal, but morally and ethically questionable.

Essentially, he got a taste of his own medicine.
hockeystl and Beltway2A like this.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 6:04 am
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
The truth is probably somewhere in between the two stories. $50,000 seems high, but I don't think Josh is above a little extortion.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 10:46 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Whole situation is just weird.

Thing is, where's the utility in flying on and reviewing an airline that only has 1 plane on a route that is basically irrelevant to 99.999% of travelers.

But he managed to get clicks and views anyway.

Sooo...well done!?
Old Feb 18, 2024, 6:47 pm

Whole situation is just weird.

Thing is, where's the utility in flying on and reviewing an airline that only has 1 plane on a route that is basically irrelevant to 99.999% of travelers.

But he managed to get clicks and views anyway.

Sooo...well done!?
I assume feuding with an airline with a lot of publicity and little public sympathy is likely the not the best for your brand, but I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on the topic.

Last edited by Astrophsx; Feb 18, 2024 at 6:54 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.