9th Annual Chicago Seminars - October 19 - 21, 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 24, 2018, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Renes Points
Dates for 2018 event are: Oct 19-21, 2018

* Event Registration: URL https://chicagoseminars2018.eventbrite.com/ - lunch and daily snacks are included in registration (breakfast is NOT included in registration)
* Hotel registration is in post # 2 (Breakfast for 1 is included in room rate). The host hotel is not accepting reservations yet. They will once the event is live.
* A full list of the current speakers is in post #3
* Schedule of weekend events is in post #4.
* Current event sponsors in post #5 (and email provided if someone is interested in sponsoring)
* Some info re: charity raffle is in post #6.
* Request for volunteers is in post #7. (volunteers get thanks & handshake - and an apple).

The Elk Grove Village Holiday Inn (+1-847-437-6010) shuttle normally leaves the hotel on the hour and the airport (ORD) on the half hour. Domestic arrivals pick up at Door 2, international arrivals at Door 5E.
Print Wikipost

9th Annual Chicago Seminars - October 19 - 21, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2018, 1:10 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by Nikfiz

I guess I don’t need any arm twisting then, see you next week!
You are very welcome. I have missed two of these as I was out of the country enjoying trips from miles I earned thanks to Howieeee et al.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 2:04 am

Programs: ANA PLATINUM,HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM
Originally Posted by lyst
Has the host hotel sold out? They say I have an non existent group code. I used the link. Thanks.
It has sold out so I just booked at the Hyatt Regency which is 6 miles away.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 2:17 am

Programs: ANA PLATINUM,HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM
Just booked all my travel for this event which will be my first Chicago Seminars but I did attend FTU in Chicago last year and another FTU in Seattle. Looking forward to meeting everyone and closing down the bar each night.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by THECLIPPERS
It has sold out so I just booked at the Hyatt Regency which is 6 miles away.
i reserved at the Hyatt Place Itasca since it is closer, cheaper and the route to the Holiday Inn goes by a Krispy Kreme. The red light is usually on during the morning drive.
kjbrant likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 11:00 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
If anyone can't make it, let me know i'll pick up your hotel and ticket reservation. Thanks! Probably won't go if I have to use the alternate hotel as the after-hours networking is what I'm keen to enjoy!

Last edited by ryandelmundo; Oct 15, 2018 at 11:26 pm
Old Oct 16, 2018, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by AFAM-DFW

i reserved at the Hyatt Place Itasca since it is closer, cheaper and the route to the Holiday Inn goes by a Krispy Kreme. The red light is usually on during the morning drive.
I chose the Hyatt Regency since it was the same amount of points and I figured the breakfast might be better. The rooms will probably be nicer at the Hyatt Place.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Charity Raffle/Chicago Seminar Event

Wow - time flies! Looking forward to seeing several hundred miles/points junkies this weekend! And I'm sure you all are looking forward to me saying Friday through Sunday, Ge-e-t your charity raffle tickets, ge-e-t your charity raffle tickets!

Prizes

Once again we'll have great prizes such as free hotel nights, Kindles & more! One of the prizes this year will be all the meeting planner points earned for meals and rooms booked thru the links provided for this seminar event. Last year it was 146,000 PC points. Tres cool!

Credit Cards & Cash

Yes we will accept credit cards*, so those using credit cards will get miles/points. So polish up those cards & figure out which ones you need to spend $$ on to earn your sign-up bonuses .

In addition, we also accept US cash. We no longer accept foreign currency since so many switched to credit cards & the small amount of foreign currency collected reduced the amount donated to charity after we paid conversion fees to US currency.

Remember, the more you donate the more tickets you get & the more that goes to charity!

What if you won't be at the actual drawing Sunday morning?

For those who won't be at the actual raffle - whether to sleeping in from Saturday night's revelry or who have to catch a flight - never fear. We've got you covered! You can still donate and we'll write your Flyertalk handle or cell number on the tickets. If your ticket/handle/cell # gets pulled for a prize, I'll contact you via PM (if you are registered on Flyertalk) or cell phone to arrange shipment of said prize post-event. For those who are unable to attend the seminar event itself but would still like to donate/be entered into the charity raffle drawing, PM me.

If you would like to donate a prize to the charity raffle

If you have something you would like to donate to the charity raffle as a prize, please PM me asap! Last year people donated AA & UA Systemwide upgrades, airline lounge passes, clothing w/ airline logos, gift cards, etc.

Volunteers needed to help w/ raffle ticket sales

Yes I'll need volunteers to help w/ ticket sales and/or distributing prizes on Sunday. Volunteers do not miss any sessions, as sales occur in between sessions. If you're interested in volunteering w/ charity raffle whether w/ ticket sales or handing out prizes, PM me asap!

The charities

We pick 3 great charities each year, and monies raised are divided between them. The charities are:

* Airline Ambassadors International (www.airlineamb.org),
* Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund (Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund ? Helping Young Aviators Achieve Their Dreams)
* Semper Fi Fund (www.semperfifund.org)

You all totally rock!

We owe it all to you, our generous travel junkie attendees. Each year we've beat the previous record of what was donated. Let the FT Chicago Seminar Event Charity Raffle tradition continue!

* Hopefully this year I'll get the Chase Sapphire card to swipe smoothly so I don't have to yell HOWIE each time!

Cheers.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:51 am

Friday lunch get-together

For those who get in early, some of us get-together for lunch at Shelby Campbell's, the on-site restaurant. We normally nab a table in the back of the bar, so when you go into the restaurant head to the left to the bar & to the back. Each pays their own. We talk miles, points & solve all the world's problems. There will be some people you know from prior years & some who are new this year. All are welcome. Tentative time to meet is noon.

Cheers.
Renes Points likes this.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Oct 16, 2018 at 11:03 am
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:39 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Friday lunch get-together

For those who get in early, some of us get-together for lunch at Shelby Campbell's, the on-site restaurant. We normally nab a table in the back of the bar, so when you go into the restaurant head to the left to the bar & to the back. Each pays their own. We talk miles, points & solve all the world's problems. There will be some people you know from prior years & some who are new this year. All are welcome. Tentative time to meet is noon.

Cheers.
Your lunch will be well attended by most of the 15 of us meeting up Thursday for dinner pre-event. Looking forward to seeing you again!
HMPS likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Sharon will try to be there around 1-2 PM.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
Unfortunately, it's looking increasingly like I'll have to beg off attending this year
Old Oct 17, 2018, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by MJonTravel
Unfortunately, it's looking increasingly like I'll have to beg off attending this year
That's too bad. Would have been great to see you again.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 10:15 am

Charity Raffle Ticket Prices

1 Ticket for $5
3 Tickets for $10
7 Tickets for $20
18 Tickets for $50
30 Tickets for $75
43 Tickets for $100

So warm up those credit cards or bring cash!!

The drawing is Sunday morning. If you won't be there Sunday you can still buy tickets. If you win I'll mail you the prize afterwards.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 10:23 am

Miscellaneous stuff

Weather this weekend (Farenheit)

Thurs 56 day/43 eve - Sunny
Fri 52 day/42 eve - AM showers
Sat 51 day/29 eve - Showers/Wind
Sun 48 day/37 eve - Mostly Sunny

Main hotel shuttle/airport:

The Elk Grove Village Holiday Inn (+1-847-437-6010) shuttle normally leaves the hotel on the hour and the airport on the half hour. Domestic arrivals pick up at Door 2, international arrivals at Door 5E

Social Media

Someone asked about twitter hashtag. Last year people used #chicagoseminars so assuming that will be it for this year as well. The attendees who are part of the Facebook group already know what that is (I'm not on FB so don't know what the group is called).
Old Oct 17, 2018, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
Originally Posted by ryandelmundo
If anyone can't make it, let me know i'll pick up your hotel and ticket reservation. Thanks! Probably won't go if I have to use the alternate hotel as the after-hours networking is what I'm keen to enjoy!
Ah good news, rooms opened back up at the HI. See y'all this weekend!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.