Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

"10 Best" Points & Miles Blogs Voting

"10 Best" Points & Miles Blogs Voting

Old Oct 14, 16, 6:16 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: South Park, CO
Programs: Tegridy Elite
Posts: 5,142
"10 Best" Points & Miles Blogs Voting

USAToday's "10 Best" site currently has a "Best Miles and Points Blog" category up for vote, selecting from 18 nominees. As is the norm with these, they don't elaborate as to what criteria they used to create the nominee list. In any case, readers may cast votes for their favorites through 07 November.

http://www.10best.com/awards/travel/...d-points-blog/

Oh, and a "hat tip" to TBB for highlighting this!

http://travelbloggerbuzz.com/aa-awar...-bone-special/

Last edited by 84fiero; Oct 14, 16 at 8:24 am
84fiero is offline  
Old Oct 14, 16, 8:21 am
  #2  
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth
Programs: UA 1K/MM refugee to cheapest business class fare, SPG Lifetime Plat, CBP Global Entry, #datelife
Posts: 48,791
Originally Posted by 84fiero View Post
USAToday's "10 Best" site currently has a "Best Miles and Points Blog" category up for vote, selecting from 18 nominees. As is the norm with these, they don't elaborate as to what criteria they used to create the nominee list. In any case, readers may cast votes for their favorites through 07 November.

http://www.10best.com/awards/travel/...d-points-blog/
ROFLMAO, Rene is on there but Seth is not!?!?!?

Also, isn't USAToday a Boarding Area partner?
kokonutz is offline  
Old Oct 14, 16, 8:29 am
  #3  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 83,733
WOW, I've never heard of most of the nominees.

Note that you can vote daily through noon on November 7th.

So, if you care, vote early and often.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Oct 14, 16, 8:34 am
  #4  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 69,132
These types of rankings are great for generating lots of page views for the company hosting the contest. And that's about all.

I'm not surprised to not be included in the list of contenders. Were I asked I wouldn't participate in giving someone else free publicity for their site. I've refused many similar "offers" in the past.
sbm12 is offline  
Old Oct 14, 16, 8:52 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: CLE
Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, SPG PLT, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Avis CHM.
Posts: 3,659
Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
Were I asked I wouldn't participate in giving someone else free publicity for their site. I've refused many similar "offers" in the past.
They didn't ask. Not even sure how I wound up on there.
ctownflyer is offline  
Old Oct 14, 16, 9:06 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: South Park, CO
Programs: Tegridy Elite
Posts: 5,142
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
So, if you care, vote early and often.
That's what I've been doing for the Presidential election
84fiero is offline  
Old Oct 14, 16, 9:47 am
  #7  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 69,132
Originally Posted by ctownflyer View Post
They didn't ask. Not even sure how I wound up on there.
I guess I meant when I've been asked to promote the vote I've declined. They can list me for whatever they want. I'm not going to advertise for them.
sbm12 is offline  
Old Oct 14, 16, 10:14 am
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: South Park, CO
Programs: Tegridy Elite
Posts: 5,142
Originally Posted by kokonutz View Post
ROFLMAO, Rene is on there but Seth is not!?!?!?

Also, isn't USAToday a Boarding Area partner?
Plus they have MMS and TPG A few of them I've not read before or only vaguely recall hearing the name.

At least there are some good ones in there like FM, DD, M2M and a couple others.

Some of these online polls can be mildly entertaining especially if there are comments. Like Seth said, I guess they're mostly good for driving up clicks to the 10best.com website. Of course I'm not impressed with most awards schemes - Oscars, Emmys, Freddies, etc...none of this would ever influence my spending/listening/viewing habits.

I don't know if there's any business relationship between BA and USAToday. The only thing that USA Today's print paper is good for, is to wipe my shoes upon entering my hotel room.
84fiero is offline  
Old Oct 18, 16, 10:14 pm
  #9  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Look up - On a ✈ DELTA ✈ jet NOW!
Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Posts: 4,178
Originally Posted by kokonutz View Post
René is on there?
Clearly USA Today gets: Quality, origniatly and outstanding blogging
Renes Points is offline  
Old Oct 19, 16, 9:44 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: SFO
Posts: 5,091
Originally Posted by Renes Points View Post
Clearly USA Today gets: Quality, origniatly and outstanding blogging
With all that, who needs spell check?
work2fly is offline  
Old Oct 19, 16, 4:33 pm
  #11  
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth
Programs: UA 1K/MM refugee to cheapest business class fare, SPG Lifetime Plat, CBP Global Entry, #datelife
Posts: 48,791
Originally Posted by work2fly View Post
With all that, who needs spell check?
Everyone was thinking it, but you were the first to say it.

Quality indeed!
kokonutz is offline  
Old Oct 19, 16, 7:08 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: BUF
Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Posts: 876
Originally Posted by Renes Points View Post
Clearly USA Today gets: Quality, origniatly and outstanding blogging
This comment is so perfect ... Hilarious on so many levels
freeloader is offline  
Old Oct 19, 16, 9:07 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: LAX
Posts: 1,760
Originally Posted by Renes Points View Post
Clearly USA Today gets: Quality, origniatly and outstanding blogging
that comment can only be matched by the kardashians. On every level.
Big_Foot is offline  
Old Oct 19, 16, 9:52 pm
  #14  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Look up - On a ✈ DELTA ✈ jet NOW!
Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Posts: 4,178
Originally Posted by work2fly View Post
With all that, who needs spell check?
Originally Posted by kokonutz View Post
Everyone was thinking it, but you were the first to say it.

Quality indeed!
Originally Posted by freeloader View Post
This comment is so perfect ... Hilarious on so many levels
Originally Posted by Big_Foot View Post
that comment can only be matched by the kardashians. On every level.
Thanks for loyally voting for me each day to win among this list of the TOP travel and points bloggers EVER!!

Even ending up in the TOP 10 will be amazing.

Last edited by Renes Points; Oct 19, 16 at 10:03 pm Reason: added BOLD as was needed
Renes Points is offline  
Old Oct 20, 16, 5:51 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: BUF
Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Posts: 876
Originally Posted by Renes Points View Post
Thanks for loyally voting for me each day to win among this list of the TOP travel and points bloggers EVER!!

Even ending up in the TOP 10 will be amazing.
of course friend! origniatly like yours deserves to be rewarded!
freeloader is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread