Community
Wiki Posts
Search

flying for free everytime??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2016, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

flying for free everytime??

we all knos that professionals who have their blogs... say that they can fly for a long time for free,but how can they do that even if they have many credit cards because generaly the bonus is 100000 miles or even lower for each credit card ,and maybe earning some mile when purchasing.. but they can't fly for free a lot of times how this can happen?
Old Feb 27, 2016, 3:28 pm

Some of these bloggers have up to 40 credit cards. They game the system by buying prepaid debit cards and loading it with credit cards, buying gift cards at one merchant and spending it at the other for extra points, buying things on sale/for extra points and selling them on eBay.

If you research long enough, you will see with enough effort you too could fly free.

I do it the old fashioned way - I own a business and buy everything on the miles and points cards and use the online shopping portals. I haven't flown economy or even paid for a ticket or a hotel room in 5 years. This actually seems like the easiest way if you ask me.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 3:44 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Referral fees, not a problem...

I own a few businesses, and have been using CC for over 40 years...

United use to limit us to 10,000 a month...in the old days...

Things are far easier now.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

thanks for answering me,the problem is i read sometimes about this tips but no one gives real tips can you show me exactly how can i do it too?
Old Feb 28, 2016, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by midoben
thanks for answering me,the problem is i read sometimes about this tips but no one gives real tips can you show me exactly how can i do it too?
It's fairly easy to fly a one-way trip for free once every couple decades.

It's pretty impossible to fly 200 round-trip flights a year for free.

Where the line crosses depends on some many things, it's impossible to list them all. But the point is, the more you fly, the more unrealistic it is to fly for free everytime.

In my case, I pay for almost all domestic coach flights. The only flights I get for free are longhaul international flights in business class. Because of my limited time off from work, I can only do one or two of those a year. I thus do my longhual international flights "free" everytime, but not by overall flights free everytime, because IMHO it's not worth it to use lots of miles for a $400 flight (which I want to take, but which often has no award availablity at the lowest redemption level, so my options are to pay or to use a lot of miles).

In my case, I do no manufactured spending, and thus apply only for the number of cards a year that I can do "natural" spend on. However, I have a nice income, and someone with a lower income might not have as much "natural" spend that they can put on a credit card. (So that's something else that varies: What your credit history is and what your income is will affect how easy it is for you to accumulate miles how quickly.)

Meanwhile, on your question of "how to really do it", that requires a lot of interactive discussion in many cases. And thus it's not easy to do on a blog, it's a lot easier to do on a discussion site (such as FlyerTalk).
Old Feb 28, 2016, 8:40 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
The bloggers who do this have quit their full time jobs and do this for a living. No one can give you a list of tips on how to do that.

Those of us who fly for free even 4-5 international premium cabin tips a year have gained knowledge over years, with experience, and with taking the time to read multiple fora here, and many websites that used to be helpful but now have become pitched at the beginner market, with questions like "Can I combine my miles from every airline into one account?" So no one can provide you any tips that will make this magically easy. Read as much as you can, and if you have specific questions, ask them in the appropriate forum.

And I'm not sure if you're an American based on your syntax, but if you are not, it is even harder to achieve these mileage goals.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
You are wasting your time.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 4:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CDKing
Why???
Old Feb 29, 2016, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by CDKing
Why???
Have you read everyone else's detailed posts explaining why?

And note, very few bloggers are flying free. Many buy miles when there are promotions, and buy flights when there are cheap flights. What you are wasting your time on is thinking there are some easy "tips" that people can give you and you'll suddenly be flying 15 times a year in Etihad first class for free. Note that it used to be much easier to get tons of credit cards, and bonuses used to be higher. You're simply too late to start.

If you are willing to put in time and effort to read, you'll be able to get some flights. But no one is going to be able to snap their fingers and do it for you.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Okay thank you Adam1222 you convinced me,i'm frome France !
Old Feb 29, 2016, 9:59 am

Okay thank you Adam1222 you convinced me,i'm frome France !
As a French resident, your options will be significantly limited compared to US-based travelers.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 11:49 am

To clarify for the OP, the reason you are more limited is due to scarcer credit card signup bonuses outside the USA and lack of manufactured spending.

Originally Posted by Adam1222
As a French resident, your options will be significantly limited compared to US-based travelers.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 12:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

we all knos that professionals who have their blogs... say that they can fly for a long time for free
Not actually free. Anyone who claims that is lying.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
All the bloggers have credit card links with referrals, they get commission (points) when readers apply to new CC with their own links, that's why many of them can flight for free in First Class seats. As long a half percent of their readers use their links, they can make a lot of points per month.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by sbm12
Not actually free. Anyone who claims that is lying.
Or is committing fraud

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.