most pathetic BA post ever?

Old Aug 13, 15, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
most pathetic BA post ever?

A piece of plastic became unclipped...

WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!!
Old Aug 13, 15, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Alpha Golf View Post
A piece of plastic became unclipped...

WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!!
"A piece of plastic" is a seat clip, not a 50 pound ceiling panel. While the story may be a bit overblown, the author clearly states that this is the scariest thing THEY have encountered. I fail to see the "pathetic" part in it.
Old Aug 13, 15, 8:16 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
If you're going to pick on a blog, I'd chose something other than this one: it's one of the better ones . . . believe it or not. The level of sophistication in many of the posts is a significant step up from most of what's on Boarding Area.

I'll certainly grant you, though, that the post is missing information about the weight and size of the ceiling element in question. Without that, it's really hard to tell what the real "wow" factor here is.
Old Aug 13, 15, 8:27 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Programs: UA 1K/MM refugee to cheapest business class fare, SPG Lifetime Plat, CBP Global Entry, #datelife
Bad: Big piece of ceiling swings down.

FAR FAR WORSE: FAs use it as an excuse to provide no service to FC passengers.

Domestic FA are all too often just so. Damn. Lazy.
Old Aug 13, 15, 9:21 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
I don't think the post is pathetic at all (though BA has plenty of other potential candidates) and M2M quality is usually good. Just because it isn't the scariest thing someone else has ever seen doesn't make his impression of it wrong or worth mocking. I'm sure it would have startled the crap out of anyone nearby and at least would have left a nasty knot on the head if someone had been standing under it. In the unlikely event of an emergency evacuation it could have potentially impeded egress the way it's hanging.
Old Aug 13, 15, 2:56 pm

I'm sorry you didn't like the post, but I stand by it. Part of what I like to do is share my experiences. For the record this panel was as wide as the aisle and as long as the ceiling to about a foot from the floor. (About 6 feet I would guess.) The flight attendants were noticeably shaken when it fell.

Part of the point of the post was to share what happened, but the other part was to ask others to share their experiences. In the post I even mentioned that I know many of my readers have experienced much worse. As a traveler, I love hearing from others and many readers have shared some very scary stories in the comments.

Thanks for the feedback!
Old Aug 13, 15, 3:09 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, SPG PLT, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Avis CHM.
If that was the most pathetic BA post ever you must not read BA much
Old Aug 13, 15, 7:53 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Programs: UA 1K/MM refugee to cheapest business class fare, SPG Lifetime Plat, CBP Global Entry, #datelife
Originally Posted by milestomemories View Post
I'm sorry you didn't like the post, but I stand by it. Part of what I like to do is share my experiences. For the record this panel was as wide as the aisle and as long as the ceiling to about a foot from the floor. (About 6 feet I would guess.) The flight attendants were noticeably shaken when it fell.

Part of the point of the post was to share what happened, but the other part was to ask others to share their experiences. In the post I even mentioned that I know many of my readers have experienced much worse. As a traveler, I love hearing from others and many readers have shared some very scary stories in the comments.

Thanks for the feedback!
I hope you complained about the lack of service. So unacceptable.
Old Aug 14, 15, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by kokonutz View Post
I hope you complained about the lack of service. So unacceptable.
That part I agree with. Pathetic. Specially since I'm willing to guess they could have just gotten someone tall to push it back into place.