Search

Is the Miles Professor on Sabbatical?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2015, 5:36 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Is the Miles Professor on Sabbatical?

Originally Posted by cruisr
Miles Professor hasn't posted since Dec. 4. I wonder what the parameters are as to how often a new post has to go up.

I think this is part of the fail as there are just too many blogs there.
I just noticed that too. She had one of the more informative blogs. I wonder if her credit card referrals withdrew at the end of last semester...

Does anyone know if she plans to start a new blog?
Old Mar 6, 2015, 6:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'm willing to bet there is a "contact" option on her blog and I know there is one on the Boarding Area home page. Why not ask her instead of speculating here?

And, should she return to producing content, why would you presume that she'd launch a new blog rather than pick back up with the existing one? Why rebuild from scratch when there is already an infrastructure there??
Old Mar 6, 2015, 7:39 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by sbm12
I'm willing to bet there is a "contact" option on her blog and I know there is one on the Boarding Area home page. Why not ask her instead of speculating here?

And, should she return to producing content, why would you presume that she'd launch a new blog rather than pick back up with the existing one? Why rebuild from scratch when there is already an infrastructure there??
You make way too much sense.

I was just guessing that a competent blogger would continue unless business obstacles appeared, but people also make changes for other reasons. Maybe blogging is not as fun for the writers as it is for readers.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 11:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by nsx
I was just guessing that a competent blogger would continue unless business obstacles appeared,
The incompetent ones do, too.

And there's a decent chance that the obstacles were "real life" business related rather than blog business related. That seems to usually be the case in this crowd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.