Search

2015 Austin Mega DO [sponsored by Milepoint]:: February 26 - March 1

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2015, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Originally Posted by techgirl
Some taco lovers links for those who enjoy the thrill of the hunt....

http://www.bonappetit.com/restaurant...t-tacos-austin
Some decent suggestions there but a taco crawl in Austin is remiss without including Taqueria Los Jaliscienses on 290 @ 35.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by Mackieman
Some decent suggestions there but a taco crawl in Austin is remiss without including Taqueria Los Jaliscienses on 290 @ 35.
Concur. Best tacos al pastor in the city.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Final reminder: registration closes as 12:00PM Noon Eastern time tomorrow and all registrations become non-refundable at that point. If you need to make changes, please contact us asap!
Old Feb 13, 2015, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

We're two weeks out from the start of the 2015 Austin Mega DO! We've posted some updates and reminders over at the website so head over there and check it out.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
I'm coming to my first Austin Do. I am not planning on renting a car (believe me, you should breathe a sigh of relief that I'm not driving), so am wondering whether someone has room in their car and would be willing to let me ride with them (I have money ). Thanks!
Old Feb 14, 2015, 8:25 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cocobird
I'm coming to my first Austin Do. I am not planning on renting a car (believe me, you should breathe a sigh of relief that I'm not driving), so am wondering whether someone has room in their car and would be willing to let me ride with them (I have money ). Thanks!
Jackal and I should be able to help you out, we'll talk when we get a little closer to the event ^
Old Feb 16, 2015, 7:56 pm

Programs: UA MM *G, AA EXP, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, Gold everywhere else
That brings up a good point.

We highly encourage attendees to carpool as much as possible. Some venues have limited spots and parking downtown is rarely free. Plus, it means less people have to hold back on the...beverages.

But in a pinch we do have Uber, Lyft, car2go and of course taxis.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 6:00 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Snow forecast for Friday!!!
Old Feb 21, 2015, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
It looks to be a tad cool outside, but no snow.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Less than a week to go! Final updates and reminders posted over at the website so make sure you're up to date on all the details. The weather is still a big question mark at this point so be sure to watch the forecast closely as the week progresses.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
The good news for our friends from the Midwest and New England, is that the weather in Austin is predicted to be above zero during the Austin Mega DO.

Last edited by Middle_Seat; Feb 23, 2015 at 6:08 am
Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Middle_Seat
The good news for our friends from the Midwest and New England, is that the weather in Austin is predicted to be above zero during the Austin Mega DO.
Now if we can just get the rain to sod off...
Old Feb 23, 2015, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
QQ - For the Friday night event, I note the "no glass" rule. Does that mean that wine/bottled beers are a no-no?! Or just no drinking out of glass containers?

(I guess there is *gasp* boxed wine or canned beer... or I can just fill up a flask before I leave Fort Worth....)
Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by techgirl
QQ - For the Friday night event, I note the "no glass" rule. Does that mean that wine/bottled beers are a no-no?! Or just no drinking out of glass containers?

(I guess there is *gasp* boxed wine or canned beer... or I can just fill up a flask before I leave Fort Worth....)
Austin has some of the best canned beers in the world (hello Austin Beerworks) but yeah, no drinking out of or carrying around glass bottles or containers. We've got a couple hundred red Solo cups to help out. Mrs. Mackie and I are also bringing a pony keg from NXNW to the event so there will be beer that way too.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 11:05 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Mackieman
Austin has some of the best canned beers in the world (hello Austin Beerworks) but yeah, no drinking out of or carrying around glass bottles or containers. We've got a couple hundred red Solo cups to help out. Mrs. Mackie and I are also bringing a pony keg from NXNW to the event so there will be beer that way too.
All you gotta do is drink the good stuff til you get drunk and then you can switch to the cheap stuff in cans anyway as who can tell at that point?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.