Boarding Area's Fall

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2016, 12:02 pm

Definitely the later
Old Dec 11, 2016, 1:39 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
I'm wondering if the lack of posts in this thread recently is an indication that Boarding Area is improving or that it's become so awful that we simply don't care anymore.
The opposite of love is not hate. The opposite of love is indifference.

That said, if I ran a P&M blog these days my target audience would be noobs. Vets like poster here are timed out of CC bonuses and so are not going to create conversions/revenue.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by kokonutz
The opposite of love is not hate. The opposite of love is indifference.

That said, if I ran a P&M blog these days my target audience would be noobs. Vets like poster here are timed out of CC bonuses and so are not going to create conversions/revenue.
It is slightly broader than that. When you have an audience fully trained to extract the maximum value from everything, they are basically extracting the money you would be paid - eg booking hotels via TopCashback, BigCrumbs etc rather than just clicking the affiliate link in the article.

This was roughly the Inside Flyer concept. They understood the problem but screwed up the answer. The business travel site that my wife would read (senior banker, flies enough to earn BA Silver) does not exist.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:47 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Anyone looking for a heads up that the Perks of Being a Wallflower DVD is only $1.99? No? Me neither.

This would even get downvoted on the FatWallet forums. What does this have to do with travel? or anything?

http://lechicgeek.boardingarea.com/p...ower-dvd-1-99/
Old Jan 4, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
This would even get downvoted on the FatWallet forums. What does this have to do with travel? or anything?
It does seem like there's days where the BA front page mirrors the front page deals on SlickDeals dot net.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 11:52 am

Candidate for the worst BoardingArea post ever:
http://www.pointswithacrew.com/total...gambling-reno/

TLDR:
He had 20 minutes to burn and lost $1 on a slot machine because he didn't know how to use a slot machine.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 3:20 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by Astrophsx

TLDR:
He had 20 minutes to burn and lost $1 on a slot machine because he didn't know how to use a slot machine.
I had to comment, I just had to....
Old Feb 27, 2017, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium

TLDR:
He is the Winner of the Darwin Award. No need to say anything more. I want to, but I won't.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 8:24 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
I had to comment, I just had to....
He was just asking for it! And even after he googled "how to play a slot machine"!
Old Mar 10, 2017, 9:00 am

That post looks like an absolute masterpiece after the one he recently made about a Hyatt employee having to clean up his kid's puke out of their rental car. It was actually a pretty timely posting, as Boarding Area makes me throw up a little in my mouth every time I masochistically open it.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 9:13 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by 84fiero
He was just asking for it! And even after he googled "how to play a slot machine"!
Slot machine talk is always fun.

RNG, end of story. At least, in any properly regulated jurisdictions. Sometimes, you can find (more) advantageous EV (never positive EV) high limit machines, a "misplaced" progressive (hasn't hit in a very long time), or machines with incorrectly programmed theo. But, that's about it. It's mostly all about RNG and that exact nano/milli-second you hit the button.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 8:54 am

TLDR:
That has to be the worst blog on BA
Old Mar 11, 2017, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by baccarat_guy
Is this a parody?
Sorta. I wouldn’t really call it a parody. Borderline satire, due to my obvious exaggeration of the situation.
later >

Not every blog post warrants a trivial response.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Jesperss
That has to be the worst blog on BA
Now that's some seriously stiff competition.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Confirmation of a very smart rule that I recently encountered: "When a click-bait headline is put in the form of a 'yes or no' question, the answer is always 'no'."

Here, the eventual, inevitable answer is even bolded and given its own paragraph:

Is the Free Night Offer on the Hilton Surpass For Existing Customers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.