Search
Old Jul 6, 2014, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: thehowieee
Print Wikipost

Chicago Seminars October 17-19th, 2014

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2014, 1:04 pm

I am booked for conference and main hotel! This will be my very first Chicago seminars. Excited to meet so many of my favorite bloggers, fellow points collectors and to learn more tips and tricks to share with readers at my new blog: www.gettingmypointshigh.com.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 2:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Which Hilton is this? TIA
He is probably referring to the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove, which can be a great value for 10,000 Hilton points ($40 if you assume 0.4 cents per point), but you would have to get a rental car. The conference hotel is 3.5 miles away.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 2:36 pm

Programs: DL SM, AA, AK, IHG PLAT, HH SILVER
My first post, so please bear with me. I'm trying to book the hotel online, but all I'm getting is 2 double bed rooms. Separate beds, especially double beds, will not endear my wife to me. really need a king or queen. Did anyone get the king option, and they're just sold out, or is the hotel only listing 2 double availability for everyone? TIA.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ??????????
Originally Posted by MisterChristian
My first post, so please bear with me. I'm trying to book the hotel online, but all I'm getting is 2 double bed rooms. Separate beds, especially double beds, will not endear my wife to me. really need a king or queen. Did anyone get the king option, and they're just sold out, or is the hotel only listing 2 double availability for everyone? TIA.
King options were previously available; based on that I'm guessing they are sold out of Kings. The overflow hotel will have registration available in the next week and that will have King rooms available. My suggestion would be to book a room with doubles and perhaps see if you can get someone to change with you.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:44 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by FlyingExplorer
He is probably referring to the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove, which can be a great value for 10,000 Hilton points ($40 if you assume 0.4 cents per point), but you would have to get a rental car. The conference hotel is 3.5 miles away.
I stayed at that hotel property when I spoke at the Chicago Seminars a couple of years ago.

I did not rent a vehicle; yet there were a number of FlyerTalk members who graciously offered me a ride — and I appreciated their generous gestures.

Once, I did have to rely on shuttle service — so all I did was take the shuttle from one hotel property to the airport; and then take the shuttle from the other hotel property from the airport.

While that is not the most convenient option, it was not as bad as I thought.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Honors Gold.
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Which Hilton is this? TIA
I was referring to the Hilton right across from ORD. I was able to book it under the mvp rate still at around $87 ish per night. Still not a bad deal.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 5:39 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Originally Posted by cedrbop
I was referring to the Hilton right across from ORD. I was able to book it under the mvp rate still at around $87 ish per night. Still not a bad deal.
87 is a great deal, just hope you don't get the old shuttle out to,the host hotel, the new one is much better..

Has a fresh clean smell.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:02 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by FlyingExplorer
Nicely remodeled DoubleTree. ^ I'll be staying here for 3rd year in a row. Happy to offer rides as space allows in my personal car -or- split UberX should drinking be involved (likely).

Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones again this year! This is always a great social event!

@palmerlaw
@travelblawg
Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA, UA
I'm registered and booked at the host hotel. This will be my third Chicago seminar. Looking forward to learning new travel techniques and networking.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:51 pm

Programs: DL SM, AA, AK, IHG PLAT, HH SILVER
Originally Posted by hdawg
King options were previously available; based on that I'm guessing they are sold out of Kings. The overflow hotel will have registration available in the next week and that will have King rooms available. My suggestion would be to book a room with doubles and perhaps see if you can get someone to change with you.
Did as you suggested, and it worked perfectly. Thanks!
Old Apr 14, 2014, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA ExP
I'm registered. Host hotel sold out, staying at Hyatt Regency Schaumburg for $79/nt MyElite. 1k amenity + 2.5k closed lounge. Great deal. It's a ten minute drive from HI-EG. If anyone want to split a rental car and stay at the Schaumburg, let me know.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 12:50 pm
PGV

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Host Hotel Is Sold Out

Can anyone advise if the overflow hotel is using the same discount code as the host or a different one, if at all? Thanks everyone.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ??????????
Originally Posted by PGV
Can anyone advise if the overflow hotel is using the same discount code as the host or a different one, if at all? Thanks everyone.
Discount code for overflow is pending. If you PM me your email address I'll email you when the code is available before posting it so you can secure a room. Same goes for anyone else looking to book the overflow hotel.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 7:25 pm
PGV

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Thanks hdawg, it's done.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 9:55 pm

I have been checking periodically for the links to become live. Of course, I didn't check on the wknd. and the host hotel has now been sold out. If anyone is planning on cancelling their reservation, can you please pm me.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.