Search
Old Jul 6, 2014, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: thehowieee
Print Wikipost

Chicago Seminars October 17-19th, 2014

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2014, 12:21 pm

Anyone interested in carpooling from Mpls?
Old Oct 15, 2014, 7:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I'm moderating the Marriott break-out session on Sunday. If you're planning on sitting in & would like me to discuss something in particular, please send me a PM to let me know & I'll make sure we cover it.

Cheers.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 9:17 am

I won't be able to attend this weekend, is there anything I can do? Donate to someone to use? Get a swag bag? :-)
Old Oct 15, 2014, 9:31 am

I'm still a newbie and attending for the first time. What is something you wish you would have known or done at the Seminar your first time?
Also, (girlie question) do attendees dress in business casual or leisure wear? (and I don't mean PJ pants!)
Really looking forward to this weekend! Thanks!
Old Oct 15, 2014, 9:59 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by rainshine
I'm still a newbie and attending for the first time. What is something you wish you would have known or done at the Seminar your first time? Also, (girlie question) do attendees dress in business casual or leisure wear? (and I don't mean PJ pants!) Really looking forward to this weekend! Thanks!
We all were newbies once, and every time the airlines change their rules, we become newbies all over again!

Dress business casual or casual casual, up to you. Have a light layer available which can be added or removed when it feels warm/cold (that can change room to room, hour to hour).

It should be a great learning experience. In addition to formal presentations, meet as many like minded people as you can!

One of the precious traditions of these seminars is to complain about food/lunch etc - you too can participate if you wish.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:24 am

Programs: Gold: VS, SQ, AF/KL
I'm still a newbie and attending for the first time. What is something you wish you would have known or done at the Seminar your first time?
Also, (girlie question) do attendees dress in business casual or leisure wear? (and I don't mean PJ pants!)
I agree with aktchi.

I always bring a light jacket or hoody since it can get chilly in the rooms depending on the A/C.

I'll be wearing casual clothes and a hoody.

Last year I recall they ran out of veg meals so if you're a veggie person, go to lunch EARLY!

Have a great time!
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:29 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Shuttle Bus from Overflow Hotel

Is there a schedule for when the shuttle bus will be running between the overflow hotel and the Holiday Inn Elk Grove? Thanks!
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:37 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum,HH Gold, SPG Gold, Delta, AA, BA
Hi Sharon-

Am Marriott Platinum.
Also have two weekend night awards courtesy of
a Pella door purchase; reservations etc administered by
a third party.

Terms & conditions doesn't state if transferable...
Only that emailed confirmation must be presented at
time of check in.

Would like to make reservation- award is in my
name; and add my son ( same last name) as the guest.

The hotel is a JW in Bangkok; per award desk rep- not sure
if reservation will be honored if only he checks in and I
call Rewards /property if I can't join him. ( I can't)

Marriott has been very good to me; flexible, reinstated CC Anniversary
nights expired, etc...

Thanks for putting on your thinking cap,

Cindy -NorthStarAngel MSP
Old Oct 15, 2014, 1:08 pm

Programs: United Gold, Delta Gold, Alaska MVP Gold
I just canceled a room at the Holiday Inn if someone wants to snatch it up.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA lifetime gold, BA, AC, CX, AS, DL, AF(gold), IHG(plt), SPG(gold), HHONORS, .
Originally Posted by 1stclassFashion
I just canceled a room at the Holiday Inn if someone wants to snatch it up.
Thanks.
I have just booked your room and canceled my room at the overflow (Rosemont) Hotel.
Michael
Old Oct 15, 2014, 1:55 pm

Programs: Enough
Anybody on AA3076 YYZ-ORD OCT 17 or AA4332 ORD-YYZ OCT 19? If so, PM me -- pre and post lounge drinking is in order.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 4:40 pm

Comfy clothes are best. Even if you decide on PJs, you probably won't be the worst dressed person there. Presenters dress nicely, the rest of us not so much.

My best advice is don't be shy. If you see a group of people chatting before a session, drop your stuff to reserve a seat and join in the chat.

Even if you don't drink, stop in the hotel bar for after session chats. The food there is actually pretty good and the company is better.

Sweet Willie is arranging a dinner for Saturday night. Info in the Community Forum. Lots of people and a change of view from Hotel.

Bring a notepad and pen. Bring business cards to exchange. Make personal cards if you don't have business cards. When you get someone's card, write a quick note on it so you remember why you took the card or what was talked about.

Before coming, think of the questions that you would most like answered or what you want to learn how to do. As you chat with people, someone will probably be able to answer.

Feel free to PM if you have want to ask anything.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 6:13 pm

Programs: Delta, IHG, Southwest
Rooms are available at the host hotel. Just booked mine.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:12 pm

Are there on-site parking?
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by jiangning
Are there on-site parking?
On-site parking is free

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.