Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

Discussion about bloggers sharing AV LM 'tricks' [split off from LM F and J trick]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discussion about bloggers sharing AV LM 'tricks' [split off from LM F and J trick]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2013, 1:35 pm

Programs: All of Them
I just Linkedin stalked a couple of their people. None of them seem to be "industry veterans"
Old Dec 8, 2013, 12:07 am

Programs: AAdvantage Elite Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, BA
Originally Posted by bl540611
I just Linkedin stalked a couple of their people. None of them seem to be "industry veterans"
These people run a program , the program that replaces US airways.
Maybe the industry veterans we are familiar with are busy driving airlines into banktrupcies. Not the kind of veterans that carry the best pedigree...

Plus not everybody uses LinkedIn. Personally I skip this social media like the plague. And most of my professional colleagues skip it as well.

Last edited by lacuadra; Dec 8, 2013 at 12:15 am
Old Dec 8, 2013, 11:52 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by yerffej201
again redacted by another FTer's request. not that it'll do anything honestly. if it dies it dies if it doesn't it doesn't
Do u know how much lifemiles I still have? If it dies. I am losing money.

I don't know how often these bloggers travel. I travel 250K miles - all leisure 4 years in a row, I want tricks to survive.

I am sick of many travel bloggers who don't travel much and just brag about stuff they learn. I travel to see the world, not to make some bucks on credit card deals. I am surprised u give no respect to Raffles Longhaul when he started thr trick in 2008(?) when I was new to the game.

Anytime a trick is exposed, do u know how much pain it is? How much your readers encounter a involuntary reroute due to irregular operation? Can they handle it?

Did u enetr the city in lifemiles search one by one to figure out how they classify all city? You are belittling the effort of those people.

I probably should take it easy since I have far too much resources and I can still travel well without any of the tricks. But I am really disappoint in many travel bloggers. (not that I have high hope as I travel as well, and I can certainly see they are not as expert as they claim to be.)

Last edited by pbd456; Dec 8, 2013 at 12:06 pm
Old Dec 8, 2013, 7:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by travelisfree
Gary Leff, for example, doesn't kill deals because he loves this game and he came from this community.
That's pretty funny. He's posted plenty of "secrets" and sourced content from here and elsewhere just like other bloggers. I probably have, too. I don't make a habit of it but I'm sure somewhere along the way I have.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 1:06 am

Programs: AAdvantage Elite Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, BA
Originally Posted by pbd456
Quote:

Originally Posted by yerffej201

again redacted by another FTer's request. not that it'll do anything honestly. if it dies it dies if it doesn't it doesn't

I don't know how often these bloggers travel. I travel 250K miles - all leisure 4 years in a row, I want tricks to survive.

I am sick of many travel bloggers who don't travel much and just brag about stuff they learn. I travel to see the world, not to make some bucks on credit card deals. I am surprised u give no respect to Raffles Longhaul when he started thr trick in 2008(?) when I was new to the game.

Anytime a trick is exposed, do u know how much pain it is? How much your readers encounter a involuntary reroute due to irregular operation? Can they handle it?

Did u enetr the city in lifemiles search one by one to figure out how they classify all city? You are belittling the effort of those people.

I probably should take it easy since I have far too much resources and I can still travel well without any of the tricks. But I am really disappoint in many travel bloggers. (not that I have high hope as I travel as well, and I can certainly see they are not as expert as they claim to be.)
A lot of these tricks were figured out easily by hackers with some web programming skills. This is so autumn 2012... Lets just say LM uses cheap technology to store their data and it is visible to those who know what to look for. No I am spelling any secrets, I am sure that IT staff knows about this but couldnt care less.

Personally I travel in premium class cause I want all the comfort it provides. I dont need to travel with just my carry on to skip a hidden city, I dont need to hustle or watch my back or be stranded at some undesired location, or wait for the authorities to question me at the request of some airline CSR. Even if this possibility is a remote one...
I dont need all that foolishness.

As far as bloggers, they are there to make a buck. And those who are just starting in this business and need extra exposure , they will do whatever it takes to obtain it.
No wonder they were all so quiet about the Chase gift card deal.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by pbd456

I would imagine someone that flies a lot doesn't have time to write a good blog.
(especially if it is one of the best standards-with proofreading and structuring the paragraphs. Doing this in school often took longer than actually getting my ideas down when writing papers and even today when working on projects...)
Old Dec 9, 2013, 9:15 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by sbm12
That's pretty funny. He's posted plenty of "secrets" and sourced content from here and elsewhere just like other bloggers. I probably have, too. I don't make a habit of it but I'm sure somewhere along the way I have.
VFTW definitely has posted enough secrets, or what some felt were secrets anyway, over the years. It's always interesting to read the pro and con arguments in these things. The script is about the same on both sides for the most part.

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
I would imagine someone that flies a lot doesn't have time to write a good blog.
(especially if it is one of the best standards-with proofreading and structuring the paragraphs. Doing this in school often took longer than actually getting my ideas down when writing papers and even today when working on projects...)
good indeed is the operative word! Unless some butchered grammar, photos of the creme brulee in F, and of the fancy toilet at the hotel, pass for good posting these days
Old Dec 9, 2013, 10:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
LM site down for "maintenance" but hopefully this exposure, or overexposure as the case may be, hasn't killed this one.

Instead of titling the response "Killing Deals Is Good" maybe the blogger should paid homage to Gordon Gekko and titled it "Greed is Good" because that seems to be the motivating factor behind publicizing this deal. Just MHO.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 2:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
VFTW already tried to navigate the muddy LM waters last year:
http://boardingarea.com/viewfromthew...ou-can-use-it/

The moment US Bank would decide to pay commission for the LM Visa they issue this topic would explode. A big ^ to US Bank for not playing the blogger pimping game.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 2:46 am

Canadian Kilometers outlined the Gummy Bear again yesterday, in conjunction with USDM to Oceania. Nothing new for now, this route has been done a few times lately, but this route is getting lots of exposure. Interesting to see how long it lasts, with all the discussion of it.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 7:26 am

Programs: AMEX Plat, AAdvantage Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
VFTW already tried to navigate the muddy LM waters last year:
http://boardingarea.com/viewfromthew...ou-can-use-it/

The moment US Bank would decide to pay commission for the LM Visa they issue this topic would explode. A big ^ to US Bank for not playing the blogger pimping game.
US bank pays a commission for the LM Visa.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by brooklynmatt
US bank pays a commission for the LM Visa.
But fortunately it isn't a big one. The day US Bank goes to Chase Ink-esque payouts for their cards is likely a game over day for those of us here. US Bank is however too strange and weird of a bank to do so! (I have a checking account and CC account with them already, I know all too well )
Old Dec 10, 2013, 11:20 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
This thread is ridiculous, if you don't provide a clear indication of what the original content being discussed is I think the whole thread should be locked. I managed to piece it together from bits and pieces that folks weren't coerced from deleting from posts, but geez, reading a thread shouldn't require puzzling pieces together.

That being said, I just have to comment on one other thing ...

Originally Posted by travelisfree
Gary Leff, for example, doesn't kill deals because he loves this game and he came from this community.

This guy clearly wants to make money.
What a crock of ...

There is no single person who's ever been associated with FT that I consider to be out to make a buck more than Gary Leff. Gary Leff resigned his elected position as TalkBoard President in mid-term to start a competing website so that he could make his bucks. He disrespected every FT'er who voted him to the TalkBoard and every TalkBoard member who voted him President. I have absolutely no respect for Gary Leff, to hold him up as an example of good character is laughable in my opinion.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 4:45 pm

Anybody else notice the post in question at the blog in question has been generously "cleaned?"
Old Dec 10, 2013, 6:50 pm

indeed it seems all the negative comments are gone. in the followup post about why he kills deals, all comments are gone. i didn't notice much or any change in the actual post, but i just glanced over it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.