Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is moreflyingtalk.com?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2013, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

What is moreflyingtalk.com?

One of my airline related files received a lot of traffic recently, and I noticed amongst the referrers, "www.moreflyingtalk.com" and specifically: http://www.moreflyingtalk.com/thread...tering-bad-say

What is that site? Registration is disabled, and it looks otherwise private?
Old Sep 27, 2013, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Apparently, it was set up by some BA FT folks to make fun of other BA FT folks.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

OIC! I'm obviously not in the clique then ;p Fair enough!
Old Sep 27, 2013, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Apparently, it was set up by some BA FT folks to make fun of other BA FT folks.
Yes and no... it was started afaik.. by some BAFters who got tired of the same same, and where serious "flyers".. it was a by "approval" only forum.. they did discuss related issues..most had membership in FT before going to the mFT.. after a while the discussions became more about the FT posters..

Someone from the BA forum told me about it and I was curious and submitted my request...I was declined, because I was friendly with some posters whom the mfters didn't like... this is what I was told.... and I think since, it is dwindling down. A few of the mods from here are there and some posters, even ones on omni and "bad" omni are there...As a result there is a thriving facebook/ quasi...BA discussion board...

If you read my sign it referrers to it..

In February (I think) on the BA forum there was a very very big bru haha about it.. and it was uglier that any of the bad omnis.. and some of the participants where some mods..
Old Sep 27, 2013, 4:59 pm

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
very big bru haha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX_K4mNTTI8
Old Sep 27, 2013, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Hahahahahahahahahah

and no there wasn't a group hug in that thread... actually many left because of the animosity.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 5:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Yes and no... it was started afaik.. by some BAFters who got tired of the same same, and where serious "flyers".. it was a by "approval" only forum.. they did discuss related issues..most had membership in FT before going to the mFT.. after a while the discussions became more about the FT posters..

Someone from the BA forum told me about it and I was curious and submitted my request...I was declined, because I was friendly with some posters whom the mfters didn't like... this is what I was told.... and I think since, it is dwindling down. A few of the mods from here are there and some posters, even ones on omni and "bad" omni are there...As a result there is a thriving facebook/ quasi...BA discussion board...

In February (I think) on the BA forum there was a very very big bru haha about it.. and it was uglier that any of the bad omnis.. and some of the participants where some mods..

ahh my kind of place

the things you learn in omni
Old Sep 28, 2013, 3:24 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue

Ahh yes the day the BA forum ripped itself to shreds. That was an interesting experience. I'd say your account of events is accurate thought i'm not sure some Mfters would agree.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by exilencfc
Ahh yes the day the BA forum ripped itself to shreds. That was an interesting experience. I'd say your account of events is accurate thought i'm not sure some Mfters would agree.
It was a day marked in infamy... yes, the BA forum more than ripped itself. Though, frankly I have personally met some mFters and most are very gentle and respectful people... But as with everything there is the one here and there..

I really don't want to remember that day at all, at all. It left a soar taste in my mouth especially when some who have no balls go behind their secret society and criticize a dear friend of mine.. shame on them. That is all that I will say. Though I can't find the thread, i wonder if the powers of Ft took it down.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 10:47 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
As I recall it got locked and subsequently hidden. I think the mods were being flamed at the time

I have to agree, the incident really lowered my opinion on certain posters
Old Sep 28, 2013, 10:52 am

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 2015 at 10:09 pm
Old Sep 28, 2013, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh yes, but this is the cleaned and edited version of what happened that day/night. If one reads it now, some of us sound pathetic, but most of the replies were because of some cleared posts...
Old Sep 28, 2013, 4:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I just read the first page of that FT thread that was closed and the last post by our community director

I would love to be fly on the mFT wall. I never heard of that site till this thread as I don't frequent the BA forum but it sure sounds fun
Old Sep 28, 2013, 6:31 pm

Oh yes, but this is the cleaned and edited version of what happened that day/night. If one reads it now, some of us sound pathetic, but most of the replies were because of some cleared posts...
Yahillwe I would never ever put you in the pathetic category.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
I just read the first page of that FT thread that was closed and the last post by our community director

I would love to be fly on the mFT wall. I never heard of that site till this thread as I don't frequent the BA forum but it sure sounds fun
But weren't you a member of TireFlock.com?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.