Reload this Page >

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2024, 4:45 am

^Genuflect publicly and never again criticize him?
Old Apr 10, 2024, 9:36 pm

Apparently, he's been deleting comments about him being banned from flying United, can someone explain the background of this? The first I've ever heard of it.
Speedscu likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by yoloswag420
Apparently, he's been deleting comments about him being banned from flying United, can someone explain the background of this? The first I've ever heard of it.
For instance, he was banned from flying on United Airlines because the airline believes that he took advantage of their program of compensating passengers for being bumped from overbooked flights. He intentionally chose flights where he was likely to be bumped and received more than $10,000 in compensation (Wofford, 2015)
Old Apr 11, 2024, 3:02 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Search this thread for the rollingstone article. At one point United had enough of a number of things he did and cancelled his UA MP account. He was never banned from flying United.
kokonutz, SPN Lifer, Xyzzy and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA,SPG, Delta, Amtrak, JB
Originally Posted by Dave510
Seems very obvious what sort of behaviour that it's supposed to prevent: people who book refundable tickets in order to freeload on lounges. Whether a customer flies a OW, single segment ticket has absolutely no burden on an airline's bottom line, and almost certainly results in profit.
I don't understand this: so people book a refundable ticket, trek to an airport, queue in security lines, with all manner of people coughing and breathing on them, check in for the flight, go to the lounge and cancel their ticket while in the lounge? Just so they can go to an airline lounge?
Old Apr 15, 2024, 4:14 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by AJNEDC
I don't understand this: so people book a refundable ticket, trek to an airport, queue in security lines, with all manner of people coughing and breathing on them, check in for the flight, go to the lounge and cancel their ticket while in the lounge? Just so they can go to an airline lounge?
Yes, often the "perps" work and/or live very close to the airport, so they treat it as a free meal plan.
fartoomanyusers likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
There were ther unsavory activities that got him booted from UAMP.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA,SPG, Delta, Amtrak, JB
Originally Posted by Dave510
Yes, often the "perps" work and/or live very close to the airport, so they treat it as a free meal plan.
Wow. Perhaps it's just me, but surely there are much easier/better ways to get a meal.

Last edited by AJNEDC; Apr 18, 2024 at 12:48 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.