Reload this Page >

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2022, 2:03 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Originally Posted by HadesNL
Losing a sense of reality?

the post about welcome amenities:
https://onemileatatime.com/guides/ho...comment-276360

He does mention:
If you booked through a travel agent program that offers a welcome amenity as a published perk, including Hyatt Privé, Mandarin Oriental Fan Club, Marriott STARS, etc

the shrewd comment:
Another big factor seems to be if you’re a travel agent or work for a travel agency.
They kiss up to them as they can send business their way

I could go on:
or if your husband books travel advisory rates
or if your husband instagrams his stays and visits
or you use your Marriot Ambassador / Hyatt congierge to fine tune your booking
or if you regulary reach out to corporate for news and details for your blog
or if you keep booking under your own name and not be a mystery guest using a "nom de plume"

Us mere mortals would receive the welcome amenity if only Saturn would be in the 11th house on the convergence with Pluto junctioned in the Moon.....
Welcome amenities... no big deal... even the "Executive Inn" by the airport has a free bottle of something with a cork and some chocolate covered strawberries with any booking over 4 hours.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 10:13 am
formerly rt23456p

He does mention:
If you booked through a travel agent program that offers a welcome amenity as a published perk, including Hyatt Privé, Mandarin Oriental Fan Club, Marriott STARS, etc

the shrewd comment:
Another big factor seems to be if you’re a travel agent or work for a travel agency.

I could go on:
or if you keep booking under your own name and not be a mystery guest using a "nom de plume"

Us mere mortals would receive the welcome amenity if only Saturn would be in the 11th house on the convergence with Pluto junctioned in the Moon.....
I think is greatly dependent on the location of the hotel, most Asian hotels have a grand parade of welcome amenities even if the Marriott Elite selected points for the welcome gift.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
You dont think that ship sailed a long long time ago for OMAAT?
cruisr likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 5:25 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU

He does mention:

the shrewd comment:

I could go on:

People still stay in hotels!?

JK

Joking aside, Airbnb hosts are often FAR more generous with welcome gifts than hotels - and for everyone not just super elites. At our Airbnb near Hershey, PA we have a fire pit in the yard so each guest gets a s'mores kit along with all the Hershey kisses they can eat.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 12:35 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
The cost of living has increased: especially with family expansion...
The start of finding new ways hawkering to extract $ with creditcard signups
so Miles can save up for college fees or be an eligable bachelor as an adult

https://onemileatatime.com
Normally directs to the posts.
In the past after the new site was launched it would go to an introduction screen,
But received so many backlash from regulars whom all wanted just the posts

Yet since midnight, one must be be exposed again to a new section:

The Featured posts:
- Best ever Citi Premier Card 80 K Bonus
- Huge Alaska Airlines Business Visa 70 K bonus
- Citi Double Cash

It seems a blog shift from regulars to newbies because that's the untapped market....
https://onemileatatime.com/insights/...comment-276363
An example here is that some in the comments have no idea what "turndown" service is and asking for a post about it.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 2:44 am
formerly rt23456p

The cost of living has increased: especially with family expansion...
The start of finding new ways hawkering to extract $ with creditcard signups
so Miles can save up for college fees or be an eligable bachelor as an adult

https://onemileatatime.com
Normally directs to the posts.
In the past after the new site was launched it would go to an introduction screen,
But received so many backlash from regulars whom all wanted just the posts

Yet since midnight, one must be be exposed again to a new section:

The Featured posts:
- Best ever Citi Premier Card 80 K Bonus
- Huge Alaska Airlines Business Visa 70 K bonus
- Citi Double Cash

It seems a blog shift from regulars to newbies because that's the untapped market....
https://onemileatatime.com/insights/...comment-276363
An example here is that some in the comments have no idea what "turndown" service is and asking for a post about it.
A few weeks ago, there was a time when there were 7 consecutive credit card information posts, really don't know why can't the editors just schedule them once or twice a day for the next week instead, and actually publish some materials for those not living in North America to read, but I guess the advertisement income accounts for little of his credit card commission income from the blog.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 3:44 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by rt23456p
A few weeks ago, there was a time when there were 7 consecutive credit card information posts, really don't know why can't the editors just schedule them once or twice a day for the next week instead, and actually publish some materials for those not living in North America to read, but I guess the advertisement income accounts for little of his credit card commission income from the blog.
Of course. I watched this kid from his high school days and he has turned out to be the biggest credit card pumper of all...that even beats TPG with its multi staff, Wow!
HadesNL and rt23456p like this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 3:46 am

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Ahhhh .... i see it was just a a new function
(desperate attempt for more credit card onslaught)
being launched and it seems to appear at random:

The main url has returned to direct to posts only....
But only on my ipad which is registered as location Gibraltar

While my ipad registered as location in the Netherlands sees still the new layout:

- The adjusted frontpage layout : testing if any more creditcards can be squeezed in...

- A bit sloppy with the rehash and clumsy layout of the runway photo of their bicycle tour at Four Seasons Des Roches Seychelles

- new to the upper right is the log in for members only

Last edited by HadesNL; Aug 30, 2022 at 4:01 am Reason: Differences in Gibraltar & Netherlands location display
Old Aug 30, 2022, 4:07 am
formerly rt23456p

Ahhhh .... i see it was just a a new function
(desperate attempt for more credit card onslaught)
being launched and it seems to appear at random:

The main url has returned to direct to posts only....
But only on my ipad which is registered as location Gibraltar

While my ipad registered as location in the Netherlands sees still the new layout:

- The adjusted frontpage layout : testing if any more creditcards can be squeezed in...

- A bit sloppy with the rehash and clumsy layout of the runway photo of their bicycle tour at Four Seasons Des Roches Seychelles

- new to the upper right is the log in for members only
I think this has more to do with resolution adapting to your device, I am based in SIN and I still have the latter design although there isn't a single credit card that mention in this blog that can be applied in Singapore. Through the use of a VPN, I also managed to test it through a Romania and a Hong Kong IP, all of which displayed the latter with credit card-filled information.
HadesNL likes this.

Last edited by oliver2002; Aug 30, 2022 at 5:16 am Reason: removed quoted images
Old Aug 30, 2022, 4:10 am
formerly rt23456p

Originally Posted by gpapadop
Of course. I watched this kid from his high school days and he has turned out to be the biggest credit card pumper of all...that even beats TPG with its multi staff, Wow!
Even TPG knows to separate the blog into Credit Card Info, News Info and flight review separately knowing that most would not want to be entertained by reading the same material about the same credit card every week, while this blog still pretends that the post published about credit card are "new" and highly relevant to everyone reading.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 4:30 am

rt23456p : thanks for the insight about the resolution!
You are right:
some posts have appeared in the past like Approval for Capital 1 and seem on a monthly cycle to reappear on the front page : same text and retaining the comments
(because cap1 is the sponsor)

same as the IHG premier creditcard :
the same unchanged post appears every 2/3 weeks
but without the past comments
(IHG referral is much lower)

same as Avianca lifemiles :
the same post/text everytime there is a promo
and also every year the promo if buying lifemiles via OMAAT you get 10% extra
yet still Ben publicly distances himself from the stance that he receives a kickback from lifemiles sales
https://onemileatatime.com/deals/buy-avianca-lifemiles/
Through the Avianca LifeMiles program is offering a bonus on purchased miles . While the publicly available promotion offers up to a 140% bonus, OmaaT reader who register take advantage of a bonus of up to ....
For what it’s worth, I don’t get any sort of kickback from LifeMiles if you buy miles, I’m just happy to be able to give readers (and anyone else who chooses to share the link) access to a better offer

bit see-through....
rt23456p likes this.

Last edited by HadesNL; Sep 1, 2022 at 5:54 am
Old Aug 30, 2022, 5:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
All points sales promotions have an affiliate link in them. Plain vanilla bloggers get 3-6% off the miles/points purchases, titans like TPG/VFTW/OMAAT much more.
HadesNL and rt23456p like this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 5:22 am

Congratulations on almost reaching Hyatt Globalist Lifetime status!

I know Ben is an introvert and doesn't like to be the centre of attention.
But he feels the need to stay somewhere memorable because of this lifechanging event to deification

But it most be modern parenting skills that somehow their new son might restrict this transforming status experience as....

https://onemileatatime.com/insights/...st-hotel-stay/

ahum: getting children and being a parent requires sacrifice and undying love & attention
- not a meaningfull sidejob besides reaching Hyatt lifetime Globalist status it seems....

* also putting on your blog that you are keen on making Hyatt Lifetime Globalist a memorable lifechanging event will send alarmbells to corporate as to prepare something worthy....

Last edited by HadesNL; Aug 31, 2022 at 5:27 am
Old Aug 31, 2022, 5:27 am

Programs: QF WP
I’m not one to judge but- the child is called miles?!
lsquare and 59Impala like this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 6:14 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Congratulations on almost reaching Hyatt Globalist Lifetime status!

I know Ben is an introvert and doesn't like to be the centre of attention.
But he feels the need to stay somewhere memorable because of this lifechanging event to deification

But it most be modern parenting skills that somehow their new son might restrict this transforming status experience as....

https://onemileatatime.com/insights/...st-hotel-stay/

ahum: getting children and being a parent requires sacrifice and undying love & attention
- not a meaningfull sidejob besides reaching Hyatt lifetime Globalist status it seems....

* also putting on your blog that you are keen on making Hyatt Lifetime Globalist a memorable lifechanging event will send alarmbells to corporate as to prepare something worthy....
Their child, their choice within the course of what’s allowed under the law. But he’s going to quickly see how very judgmental people can be about parenting lifestyle choices disclosed online. For example, this idea of leaving an infant under someone else’s care for a couple of days while both parents go take a discretionary trip away at the same time……
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.