Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Expert Hotel Reviews
Reload this Page >

Military / Government Rates in Hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Military / Government Rates in Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2024, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Club - Virgin
Question Military / Government Rates in Hotels

Hi All,

Can anybody who has had experience of this aspect of booking at any hotel educate me as to the result?

When any hotel chain in any of UK / EU / USA / Canada has a drop down rate selection that includes "Military", is that for current service personnel or veterans as well? If it is for veterans, then is it just in the home nation, or are the rates open to Nato veterans too?

What ID would I need to bring with me so that the Hotel's Reception would be happy?

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 25, 2024, 7:43 pm

In my experience for military, unless something explicitly states veteran's rate, it's almost always for active duty. And even then active duty traveling on official orders.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.