Hôtel le Garage Biarritz

1 Review | 100% Recommended

Hôtel le Garage Biarritz

50 av de l'Impératrice Biarritz, FR 64200

Hôtel le Garage Biarritz (17 Photos)

Hôtel le Garage Biarritz

Review of my stay in April 2023 at Hôtel le Garage, Biarritz

Check In

I had booked via IHG (the Mr and Mrs Smith cooperation). Booking process was very easy, just as for any IHG property.

The property is owned by the same group as the Hotel Regina next door (currently under renovation). Property style is "neo-retro", very tastefully done. The hotel is very well maintained, in fact there seems to be constant maintenance. Wear & tear were minimal. We had a big atlantic storm on one day, and while the rain was driven on to the big windows by the storm, no water cam in at all. Air conditioning (and heating) worked well.

Outside view (mamagement picture):

le-garage-intro.jpg

Lobby (management picture):

317081691.jpg

Pool area:

Garage-pool.jpg

Room

A very big suite with rooftop terrace. Wooden floors, neo-retro design.

Management picture:

le-garage-biarritz-hotel-nouvelle-ouverture-biarritz-017-16775-1110x700.jpg

Floorplan:

Garage-floorplan.jpg

Shower room with rainshower (not pictured), bathroom, separate toilet (no sink - very French). Great water pressure in the shower.

Garage-sink.jpg

Garage-bath.jpg

Dining area, kitchen with microwave, full size fridge (but not stove), plates, cups and glassware. The fridge contained 4 litres of bottled water, two coca-colas and two bottles of juice (all free). The whole place is set up for summer beach holidays, where you could have your fridge packed with drinks to enjoy on the terrace.

Garage-kitchen.jpg

Sjöstrand Nespresso machine with Terramoka capsules (tasted great!).

Garage-room.jpg

Separate lounging and sleeping areas, walk-in closet. Two massive TVs with Chromecast.

Garage-bedroom.jpg

Garage-closet.jpg

HUGE west-facing  rooftop terrace with sea views, loungers, and a big dining table.

Garage-terrace.jpg

Garage-view1.jpg

Service

French, in a good way: Professional, unobtrusive, smiling.

One day was lift maintenance day, we were out while the lift was out of service (and only on the second floor anyway), but we got chocolates as service recovery.

Garage-chocolates.jpg

Dining

Breakfast and dinner are served in the lobby area. Small breakfast buffet with very high quality ingredients, eggs or waffles are made to order. Nice juices and Basque cakes.

Lunch and dinner are from a highly inventive menu, very modern and tasty.

Great cocktail list. Booking with Mr & Mrs Smith gets you free welcome cocktails, here's our "Lovely Mule" (Gin, cherry, lemon, ginger beer):

Garage-cocktail.jpg

On a cliff above the sea just next to the Regina Hotel. The free shuttle bus to central Biarritz stops just outside the door, or alternatively it's a 15 min walk to Biarritz or the Angelet beach.

Garage-view2.jpg

The lighthouse at night looks spectacular

Garage-nightview.jpg

Overall

This is a beautiful property, and I would return in a heartbeat. It's not cheap, but you get a great room, dreat service, and all in a great location.

Spa

Extensive spa menu - recommended.

Hôtel le Garage Biarritz

Would you like to write a review on the Hôtel le Garage Biarritz?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.