Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Expert Hotel Reviews
Reload this Page >

First ever international trip in singapore with Holiday inn express

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2019, 8:43 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Holiday Inn Express Singapore Clarke Quay

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

2 Magazine Road Singapore, SG 059573

First ever international trip in singapore with Holiday inn express (5 Photos)

Its our first international Trip and we decided to stay in Holiday Inn express Clarke Quay for multiple reasons. Primary reason was the location and secondly the brand Holiday inn which I have already experienced in Jaipur India.

20190716_092309.jpg

20190716_092259.jpg

Check In

Coming to the check in our time was at 2PM only but we reached by 9AM. We requested front desk about the possibility of early check in but it was full house and was asked to wait until 12PM. But they gave me options for refreshment in top Floor and stored my luggages in a secure room.

We returned back by 2PM and got our room which was city facing. During checkout we had our flight at night similar arrangements where made by the front desk.

20190716_085917.jpg

Room

Coming to the room it was pretty small but it had all the amenities you would expect. It was neat and clean with good ambience. The restroom also was pretty good and had all the amenities. We where provided with 2 types of pillow Hard and soft pillow which was fluffy and gave good sleep. View from the room was ok it won't give you views of singapore skyline.

20190721_124737.jpg20190721_124734.jpg

Service

Service was great all the staffs where helpful and cheerful with smiling face always. Throughout our 5 days stay everyday room was cleaned with bedspread and towels replaced regularly. There was a Mobile phone placed which can be used to request any amenities which was great. Swimming pool is present in the top floor which was superbly maintained and give views to singapore skylines. Top floor also has a GYM which we didn't use.

Dining

Only downside in this property throughout the 5days is the dining experience. It was below par. Breakfast had very limited offerings and dinner menu card had very little items. Breakfast was a mix of chinese, Continental and Indian. Maybe it might suit to some others. But I was not impressed with the dining experience overall.

Major positive of this property is its prime location. Pretty easy to access by Bus and MRT also chinatown and Little India is very close. All major shopping complex and tourism spots where nearby. Travelling to Sentosa Island was also easy since there was a direct bus operated by SBS. Since it is right in clarke quay getting to boat ride and visiting hotels near river was pretty easy as everything is within 700metres from the hotel. Loved the connectivity and ease to access of the hotel throughout the journey. Location is worth the extra bucks. 

Overall

Overall it was a good stay baring the dining experience , everything else was on par with Holiday inn express standards. Thanks for reading my first review please share your feedback.

Would you like to write a review on the Holiday Inn Express Singapore Clarke Quay?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.