Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Expert Hotel Reviews
Reload this Page >

Fawlty Towers - A comedy of errors

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:58 am
Original Poster
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC

Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh

Map| 4 Reviews | 50% Recommended

Gardens, Kendy Mall 7 El-Salam, South Sinai Governorate, Egypt EG

Fawlty Towers - A comedy of errors (1 Photo)

I normally sign the praises of this property but between out lasty stay and this it has truly been farcical.

We booked months ago direct with the hotel and two days prior to check in we were notified via email that there would be 'minor upgrades' to the club pool, but we were welcome to enjoy the 'quiet' Regency Beach.

I made it clear I was unhappy and they later offered an upograde from our Regency Parlour Suite to the Diplomatic Suite, however this suite is on the ground floor and who comes to the Red Sea to miss out on the Ocean view?

On day one I went to the beach and they were refuribishing the showers and bathrooms with drilling and hammering. I emailed the GM and Duty Manager stating I was appalled as this was their 'quiet' option and they stated they would cease work until we check out.

Cue the next day where work restarted again at the beach. I emailed again only to have the GM come and apologise and state he has no excuse.

The also removed wifi from the Regency Beach for no apparent reason meaning guests would have to use their international roaming data.

Yesterday they drained the club pool and it was clear we were the only guests that had been informed. The other club guests are furious.

My main issue is that 1) They should notify all guests of construction as is standard with most large chains and 2) They shouldn't offer quiet alternnatives when they intend to perform construction there as well.

To make matters worse they told us they would need to switch off the water to our rooms for two hours. I didn't mind because they said they would do it at 10AM which wouldn't affect us but I had no hot water in my room for 2 days. Even after being told by enginerring it was fixed on the first day.

In addition, the male spa has not had hot water for the entire stay.

The positives of the stay are that the house reef remains spectacular, the club offerings great and today I wanted a local dish of Molokihya they don't offer, but the Chef made it especially for us.

I've had many apologies and the offer of one of the best suites in the hotel, but overall it's just not good enough. There was significant construction on our last stay (which they denied at the time) and it appearsd this will continue for a 4 year period.

Next time we will stay at the Four Seasons.

IMG_6556.jpg

Would you like to write a review on the Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.