Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who knows EVA's planes well?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2009, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Who knows EVA's planes well?

Booked YVR - TPE on EVA but through AC on a codeshare. Since I couldn't book my seat online as I have an Air Canada reference number, I called EVA directly to reserve a seat, but they couldn't help me. So then I called Air Canada and they were able to save a seat for me, I requested a window seat and they put me in 50C. I asked if this was a window seat, and they said it is, but on the EVA website, 50C is an aisle on the 747. Does anyone know if this is a shorter row or something, or if AC has a different map of the plane??

Thanks for your help!
Old Mar 16, 2009, 8:21 pm

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
It's an aisle seat. Windows are A and K.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 10:32 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
C is never a window seat in any airplane I have been on.

It's the 74W running the route.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 11:01 pm

Go Upper Deck!

If it's the full pax 747 (74W), try to get a seat on the upper deck (rows 80-89) which is all Economy with extra seat pitch. Last year a friend of mine was able to pre-reserve a seat on the upper deck through her travel agent.

I wonder why EVA is not able to help you. Does AC not release names to BR until closer to the date of the flight?
Old Mar 16, 2009, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aircam
If it's the full pax 747 (74W), try to get a seat on the upper deck (rows 80-89) which is all Economy with extra seat pitch. Last year a friend of mine was able to pre-reserve a seat on the upper deck through her travel agent.

I wonder why EVA is not able to help you. Does AC not release names to BR until closer to the date of the flight?
That's what I'm wondering. The EVA agent couldn't find my name for that departure date...
Old Mar 17, 2009, 12:52 am

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Iv'e just booked a SYD-TPE-SYD(via BNE) on BR. This is a Qantas code share booking too and Qantas gave me my seats confirmed straight up. (1st row window as I requested too!) I event went as far as checking with Eva here in Sydney and they said it is confirmed. I guess the only thing I can think of is my booking is J class?
I'd pursue the issue.

Good luck

CJ
Old Mar 17, 2009, 9:53 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
I believe that EVA assigns seats 90 days out for most pax. For a seat map try seatguru.com I believe that they are up to date with EVA equipment.

SunLover
Old Mar 17, 2009, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by TheGreatestX
That's what I'm wondering. The EVA agent couldn't find my name for that departure date...
Even if the agent can pull up your record on their end, they still can't help you because it's a codeshare. Your best bet is to either call AC to change to a window seat, or try to check in early on the day of the flight to switch seats.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

I called AC back and they insist 50C is a window seat... O well I guess I'll have to check in as early as possible that day...
Old Mar 17, 2009, 1:39 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Originally Posted by TheGreatestX
I called AC back and they insist 50C is a window seat... O well I guess I'll have to check in as early as possible that day...
Maybe you need to tell AC you want an aisle seat to get a letter A or K seat. 50C is absolutely, positively, without any doubt an aisle seat.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 6:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP
AC only has a small allocation of seats on BR's YVR-TPE. They are the last few rows in the back towards the left side (ABC side). For now, you're stuck with whatever AC assigns you. You can certainly change at the airport.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 9:57 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by flyingstudent
AC only has a small allocation of seats on BR's YVR-TPE. They are the last few rows in the back towards the left side (ABC side). For now, you're stuck with whatever AC assigns you. You can certainly change at the airport.
Thats same with QF codeshare with BR. In J class only allocated 4 seats; QF's reservation system(along with Check my trip) only show 6A/B, 7A/B.

I called Eva again in Syd today to confirm my seats and was told even as a QF pax as long as I am a commercial pax my seat request is honoured. In my case in 1st row I will only be bumped for an infant as its bassinet pos.

CJ
Old Mar 25, 2009, 9:17 pm

Programs: AC E, UA Gold
Originally Posted by flyingstudent
AC only has seats A, B and C in economy (left side of the cabin). Last December when I flew AC9841, I called AC to request an aisle seat in the middle of the cabin (D or G) and could only got 49C. I'm pretty sure you can call AC and request a seat in A - no need to argue with the agent it's window or aisle. The worst case is to change your seat in the airport. Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.