Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eva economy codes

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2008, 11:15 am
Original Poster

eva economy codes

can anyone suggest where i can find a chart or similar to explain all the economy codes when travelling with EVA LHR_BKK, i was shocked when my last never gained any airmiles due to apparently the code/class of the ticket
Old Apr 21, 2008, 11:32 am

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Booking class mileage earning rules are here.
http://www.evaair.com/html/b2c/engli...s/Mileage_kind
Old Apr 21, 2008, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

thank you for the quick reply
Old Apr 21, 2008, 5:45 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
It seems like they are further downgrading the mileage accurals on June 21st, 2008.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 5:42 am

Programs: UA Prem Plat, CX MPC Silver, CI Dynasty Gold; HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG, IHG Ambassador
I received the new mileage earning chart today from EVA's email newsletter. Like with CI's mileage earning chart, it's becoming such a "science" just trying to memorize which fare class earns what percentage mileage. It's also very stingy and nick-picking on the part of the airlines, too.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

upgrade to elite from eco LHR_BKK_LHR

i now have enough points to upgrade, but when i asked at bkk if it was possible, although i had enough points 27,220 i was told that my ticket class needed to be K (i think), which i obviously didnt have,

is that right? that although you have the mileage points you also have to have the correct classification code - surely not?!
Old Dec 18, 2008, 10:29 pm

That's right. From BR's award upgrade section:

"Free Upgrades are allowed for member holding ticket with booking class code Y/M/Q/K upon airport check-in and are subject to seat availability with sufficient Electronic miles or Electronic Upgrade Certificate. Members holding other booking class code tickets need to reserve Free Upgrades in advance. Booking class code R/H/G/W/I are not eligible for Free Upgrades with Electronic miles or Electronic Upgrade Certificate."
Old Jul 25, 2009, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA
I fly Macau to LAX 2 -3 times a year paying for economy deluxe. On a recent excursion I enquired about an upgrade to PL but was told I was 25 points short. Well needleass to say they didn't budge, but I did have them award me my points for the just completed sectors, Macau-TPE-LAX and in LA the customer service center said they would expedite the entrance of my points. When I returned 13 days later I had enough points and received the upgrade to PL. I honestly believe the LAX customer service people are a bit more flexible..
Old Jul 26, 2009, 4:49 am

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Provided my FF number has been on the booking, I've always found the miles have been applied to my account the same day or next day.

Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted
On a recent excursion I enquired about an upgrade to PL but was told I was 25 points short. Well needleass to say they didn't budge....
I honestly believe the LAX customer service people are a bit more flexible..
Don't want to sound meany mouthed, but I think they were right not to budge. If they did, where would the line be drawn? 25 short? 50 short? A little more for golds, a little less for silvers? And the "discretion" would quickly become a de facto rule whereby pax demand it as of right because they'd heard one station once did it for someone... And the queue of people trying to argue special exceptions would get longer and longer - and get in the way of people with "real" service issues. [rant off]

I think there is an option to "top up" miles for cash - presumably to get around this issue. If this is available at the airport then they should have mentioned it to you.

Anyway glad you got the upgrade next time around!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.