Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Avoid collecting luggage between 2 separate flights in TPE?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avoid collecting luggage between 2 separate flights in TPE?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2024, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
Question Avoid collecting luggage between 2 separate flights in TPE?

Last year I booked 2 Taipei to Calgary via Vancouver tickets in May for my wife and I with our Air Canada air miles. The TPE to YVR flight is BR 10 in J with Eva. Last week we purchased (via Eva's website) 2 BKK to TPE tickets, also on Eva, to position us same day for our above Vancouver flight. We have a few hours between these 2 Eva flights in Taipei but should have lounge access with our J boarding passes to YVR.

Is it possible to somehow connect these 2 tickets so we don't have to collect our luggage in Taipei? If so, how would we do this?

Thanks!
Old Feb 7, 2024, 11:43 pm

Its possible and ive seen it only once. The agent would have to do it. if your check in agent doesnt know, keep asking for someone on top...

YMMV though.
Old Feb 8, 2024, 9:36 am

Programs: BR Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Yes they should be able to do it for you. As BuBu4 mentioned, the check in agent might not be able to do it so you might need to call in a supervisor. It might be worth it to call BR in advance to see if they would link the PNRs for you in advance. That should make it easier at the airport.
Old Feb 8, 2024, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by hlee628
Yes they should be able to do it for you. As BuBu4 mentioned, the check in agent might not be able to do it so you might need to call in a supervisor. It might be worth it to call BR in advance to see if they would link the PNRs for you in advance. That should make it easier at the airport.
We are staying at the BKK Novotel the night before our flight to TPE. I might stroll over to an Eva check in counter that evening and see if they can sort it then rather than the busy morning of our flight.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 1:26 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by RoninTech
We are staying at the BKK Novotel the night before our flight to TPE. I might stroll over to an Eva check in counter that evening and see if they can sort it then rather than the busy morning of our flight.
It should be not be an issue especially with both on BR flights. They have done for me in BKK many a times. They actually have BR staff in BKK along with third party check-in staff.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 7:29 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by hlee628
It might be worth it to call BR in advance to see if they would link the PNRs for you in advance. That should make it easier at the airport.
PNR's can't be "linked" in advance that way. The most the call centre can do is manually enter a remark in one or both of the PNRs, which can be easily missed. It's really down to the helpfulness of the check-in agent on the day of travel. Any semi-competent agent can easily do it through the Amadeus DCS. If the names on both tickets are an exact match the OP won't even need to show the onward itinerary.
artvandalay and Davvidd like this.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 2:59 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
And they have always done for me. Never refused so far.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.