Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA check in and boarding

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2023, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

EVA check in and boarding

May I ask for premium economy passengers will there be priority check-in in the airport (no elite or other status)? Also, what is the boarding process?

Any information would be appreciated.

Best, Benpiggy
Old Dec 19, 2023, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Most if not all airports with PE service should have a separate PE check-in line and counter. PE boards in zone 2, right after business class and elites in zone 1. Welcome to FT!
Old Dec 20, 2023, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dkc192
Most if not all airports with PE service should have a separate PE check-in line and counter. PE boards in zone 2, right after business class and elites in zone 1. Welcome to FT!
So Kind

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !!!

Benpiggy
Old Dec 20, 2023, 9:21 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by dkc192
This cannot be right. The last time I flew BR has PE boarding last and they said because the cabin is separate and is in front
Old Dec 20, 2023, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Noted

Interestingly, when Google, there is not much / nothing about the Premium economy process for EVA Air.

Will see if there is another other feedback from the forum

Good day. Benpiggy
Old Dec 20, 2023, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Davvidd
This cannot be right. The last time I flew BR has PE boarding last and they said because the cabin is separate and is in front
If so, very happy to stand corrected. My report was based on pre-pandemic experience.
Davvidd likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 2:01 pm

last flew lax tpe route in October, we were boarding group 5 for PE.

i know for PE. ppl are told to use the bag drop line.
Davvidd likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Group 5

I wonder if there still plenty of room for overhead compartments, or it will be used up by everyone?

Best, benpiggy
Old Dec 21, 2023, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Benpiggy
Group 5

I wonder if there still plenty of room for overhead compartments, or it will be used up by everyone?

Best, benpiggy
Its a separate compartment entirely so there always was space. In fact they are curtained off just like between Business and PE and PE and Economy.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Its a separate compartment entirely so there always was space. In fact they are curtained off just like between Business and PE and PE and Economy.
Thank you

I hope there will be a separate line for priority check-in

Happy holidays !
Old Dec 22, 2023, 8:16 pm

Thank you

I hope there will be a separate line for priority check-in

Happy holidays !
Actually not too sure about the check in as have not done it for a long time. Certainly Star Status members get priority check in and boarding. Let me ask tomorrow if I remember and then let you know. I have been a G member with them for a very long time so always get the priority check in and boarding even when I fly Premium or EC when they do not have PE on their flights. know that they board last. I have seen at some airports they let PE passengers go to Priority counter if they are not serving customers. I hope that I can remember to check this tomorrow.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Actually not too sure about the check in as have not done it for a long time. Certainly Star Status members get priority check in and boarding. Let me ask tomorrow if I remember and then let you know. I have been a G member with them for a very long time so always get the priority check in and boarding even when I fly Premium or EC when they do not have PE on their flights. know that they board last. I have seen at some airports they let PE passengers go to Priority counter if they are not serving customers. I hope that I can remember to check this tomorrow.
Much appreciated. I cannot find much info by Google regarding EVA check in process, which is a bot odd.

I am still the standard status (not Silver or Gold) as I only start flying with EVA in 2023 back to Asia.

Again, thank you. Benpiggy
Old Dec 23, 2023, 2:14 am

Much appreciated. I cannot find much info by Google regarding EVA check in process, which is a bot odd.

I am still the standard status (not Silver or Gold) as I only start flying with EVA in 2023 back to Asia.

Again, thank you. Benpiggy
I am planning to go early to the airport too so hopefully I will remember to ask. Its a good airline and I fly a lot on PE too and if I am traveling alone always try to book the aisle seat in the middle row as it is very rare that the whole row is taken unless a family of 3 is flying together or PE is full in which case I have the very good chance of being upgraded to business.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 8:31 pm

I asked at BKK this morning and they said No. Unless you have Silver Status with Star Alliance it is normal counter as EC.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 8:38 pm

I also stand partially corrected on priority check-in for PE: LAX does not have one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.