Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking Empty Economy Seat

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2023, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Booking Empty Economy Seat

Does EVA permit a passenger in economy to book (and pay for) two seats on a flight. One of the seats would of course be for the passenger. The other would allow for stretching out. The "empty" seat would be between the husband and wife.

If this is permitted, how can one do this online? I tried to get two seats in one name (say, Kat Wong) and the system would apparently not permit this, because Kat already had a seat assignment.

TIA.
Old May 9, 2023, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is called Extra Seat in the industry and routinely done. Unfortunately, I don't know how this can be done on the EVA Website and calling them nowadays is not exactly easy. Maybe try a travel agent? If the flight has a Premium Economy cabin, would it be cheaper to buy 2 of those instead of 3 economy seats?
Old May 12, 2023, 8:27 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by username
This is called Extra Seat in the industry and routinely done. Unfortunately, I don't know how this can be done on the EVA Website and calling them nowadays is not exactly easy. Maybe try a travel agent? If the flight has a Premium Economy cabin, would it be cheaper to buy 2 of those instead of 3 economy seats?
It absolutely is. It is much better to get one PE seat on BR than one extra economy seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.