Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Ticket Release

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2023, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

EVA Ticket Release

Does anyone know how far in advance to look for EVA J tickets? I'm looking for a ticket from HKG to YYZ next year. I know with ANA it's 355 days or 10-15 days prior to travel. Was wondering if EVA has a similar schedule. Thanks in advance!
Old May 1, 2023, 9:18 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
I flew YYZ-CGK a couple weeks ago with EVA on a J redemption with Aeroplan. I found and booked it in July 2022. The return flight was with Etihad though but it was 100% Business class for all flight segments.
samoyeddillpickle likes this.
Old May 2, 2023, 12:02 pm

EVA release 360 days before travel. I believe you might find ticket 5 days prior travel as well.
Old May 7, 2023, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by weichuw
EVA release 360 days before travel. I believe you might find ticket 5 days prior travel as well.
Do you know what time they are released exactly?
Old May 8, 2023, 8:14 am

Sorry. No Idea.
Old May 9, 2023, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
EVA just dropped a ton of J saver space between TPE and North America through April 2024 according to EF and United search engine, in case that is helpful
Old May 9, 2023, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by BBQman98
EVA just dropped a ton of J saver space between TPE and North America through April 2024 according to EF and United search engine, in case that is helpful
Yes, I saw the post by Gleff on VFTW but couldn't find anything on FT.

Was hoping to find award seats to Australia but unfortunately no TATL biz class space before Xmas (could not find seats before Dec 27) or much returning the week after NYE. Oh well...
Old May 9, 2023, 9:17 pm

Is anyone able to successfully book any J space? I just spent an hour on the phone with Air Canada, and all the dates we tried show up but are unbookable with an unknown error.
Old May 9, 2023, 9:40 pm

I did about 3 hours ago. This was for TPE to SFO for Mid-November though UA.
Boraxo and samoyeddillpickle like this.
Old May 9, 2023, 10:56 pm

Congrats on your booking! I tried around half an hour after you, and the representative was unable to book any of the three flights I saw availabilities for. And it looks like all of the released space just got pulled by Eva. We were seeing wide open availabilities with up to 6 J spaces every single day from August to next year, but they all disappeared around an hour ago.
Old May 10, 2023, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by amiapenguin
Is anyone able to successfully book any J space? I just spent an hour on the phone with Air Canada, and all the dates we tried show up but are unbookable with an unknown error.
I had the same issue when booking using aeroplan online, but trying a few times eventually resolved the issue, and I was able to book YVR to TPE in J in October 2023!
Old May 10, 2023, 12:02 pm

Anyone see any reward flights for Aeroplan from YYZ to TPE? I'm new to all this and I'm not seeing any direct EVA flights (any cabin) for October, November 2023. Not sure if I'm doing it wrong. Checking on the Air Canada and United page and it's always full of connections, and business class is always mixed cabin on the domestic leg.
Old May 10, 2023, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by hellodan
Anyone see any reward flights for Aeroplan from YYZ to TPE? I'm new to all this and I'm not seeing any direct EVA flights (any cabin) for October, November 2023. Not sure if I'm doing it wrong. Checking on the Air Canada and United page and it's always full of connections, and business class is always mixed cabin on the domestic leg.
Partner airlines don't release all seats for award bookings and YYZ-TPE is a very popular route so they are likely all swooped up already (EVA usually releases seats 360 days out). There was also a possible glitch with EVA award space yesterday where a whole bunch of seats were made available for award bookings and ended with them pulling everything later in the evening, those pulled seats may not have come back into the system yet (if they ever will).
Old May 10, 2023, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by JOnion
Partner airlines don't release all seats for award bookings and YYZ-TPE is a very popular route so they are likely all swooped up already (EVA usually releases seats 360 days out). There was also a possible glitch with EVA award space yesterday where a whole bunch of seats were made available for award bookings and ended with them pulling everything later in the evening, those pulled seats may not have come back into the system yet (if they ever will).
Thank you! Went through everything to stack a lot of points and finally ready to use it, but alas, it's never that easy. Will keep an eye out though. I'm not 100% clear on the different ticket classes. Should I be searching for "I" (Business Award") and/or also "J"? I see people mention booking J with Aeroplan, but those never seem to show up (unless it's an "I")
Old May 10, 2023, 3:01 pm

J is the generic bucket term for business class. Some airlines will further break down business class buckets with other letters. In this case, I class ticket is used for award redemption based fares.

If you ever need to find out what kind of ticket you have, usually Google is a good place to start.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.