Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help/Ideas for a seat reservation

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2023, 10:13 pm
Original Poster

Help/Ideas for a seat reservation

I do not fly *A very much and am a mere Silver in their hierarchy.

Next week I have to fly TPE-SFO on BR, where I have a Prem Eco (K-class) ticket. However I have a middle seat and am desperate for an aisle (if not, a window will also do). Have been looking for the past few days but no seats seem to have opened up.

Does anyone have suggestions how I can change my seat to an aisle (or window) - without having to pay more?
Old Apr 12, 2023, 12:54 am

You can select any open seat for free at online check-in, which opens 48 hours before your flight.

I believe the side seats in the front row are blocked until the counter opens. You can ask the agent if any are available. They are usually reserved for higher status members or special situations, but you can always try.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 4:56 am

Programs: LH M+M
Is that bulkhead row by chance? That wont open up and you need to wait til aboard and ask for relocation to 20AB/JK (did that twice with success, but be quick after boarding..).
Old Apr 19, 2023, 1:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by PAX_fips
Is that bulkhead row by chance? That wont open up and you need to wait til aboard and ask for relocation to 20AB/JK (did that twice with success, but be quick after boarding..).
I was able to switch to 20J during check-in at SFO last month. No issues at all.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 4:36 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
The aisle in the middle is the best in PE.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Davvidd
The aisle in the middle is the best in PE.
Could you please elaborate why you say this? Thanks
Old Apr 23, 2023, 11:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by puchong
You can sort of stretch your feet out beyond the wall. This isn't possible from the outside aisle seats.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 11:38 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by puchong
Because if you sit in the window the passenger sitting in the aisle would either have to get up or you have to squeeze through. In the middle row aisle 9 times out of 10 if you are traveling alone, you do not have to disturb anyone and they would not disturb you to get out. The foot stretch is long enough for average size people even if not in the bulk head seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.