Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

How lenient are EVA air with their mile extension campaign they just had?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2023, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Hey all. Finally started travelling again and just got back from a TPE-HND rtn with EVA after getting on for three years since flying and felt great. Now I'm checking my miles and realised I've completely cocked up and misread the mileage extenstion campaign they just had. I've got 35,000 miles expiring in March and what I *thought* was the case was that I had to earn miles before expiration to get the extenstion. Now I'm rereading it and I see that I was supposed to have earned miles before the end of 2022. Oops. The Taiwan office is closed now, so I have to wait until tomorrow to call but does anyone know if EVA are flexible with this at all? It's a lot of miles to lose and there's no way I can plan a trip that takes place between now and the end of March. I'm a silver card holder with them if it helps at all. TIA for helping this idiot.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 10:28 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by droidz
Hey all. Finally started travelling again and just got back from a TPE-HND rtn with EVA after getting on for three years since flying and felt great. Now I'm checking my miles and realised I've completely cocked up and misread the mileage extenstion campaign they just had. I've got 35,000 miles expiring in March and what I *thought* was the case was that I had to earn miles before expiration to get the extenstion. Now I'm rereading it and I see that I was supposed to have earned miles before the end of 2022. Oops. The Taiwan office is closed now, so I have to wait until tomorrow to call but does anyone know if EVA are flexible with this at all? It's a lot of miles to lose and there's no way I can plan a trip that takes place between now and the end of March. I'm a silver card holder with them if it helps at all. TIA for helping this idiot.
EVA's told me over the phone on two separate occasions miles expiring in March 2023 will be extended to expire in December 2023. While I haven't seen an official press release on this, I'm inclined to believe their service center agents. I can't use my miles fast enough right now so I'll be losing a multiple of your sum if this doesn't hold true.

Last edited by BR787; Feb 7, 2023 at 10:40 pm
Old Feb 13, 2023, 5:44 am

My miles were extended today. Check your account -- expiration date should be Dec 2023 (or Sep 2024 for EVA credit card holders).

My upgrade certificates still show as expiring Mar 2023, however. UPDATE (2/15): Upgrade certificates have also been extended.

Last edited by claimui; Feb 15, 2023 at 2:04 am
Old Feb 13, 2023, 10:03 pm

Mine was extended to June 2024.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 2:26 am

No extension

Just got off the phone with customer service. The extension campaign ended last year. Not all customers were made aware of the extension campaign. I visited EVA air website several times last year to search for flights but never saw the campaign being advertised. They won't extend the miles at all even if I transfer miles over from other partners now. This is so stupid. I will never ever choose EVA air miles again.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 3:36 am

You can now pay to reinstate miles that have expired in the last 6 months: https://www.evaair.com/en-tw/infinit...instate-miles/
Old Mar 27, 2023, 3:13 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by shufly
Just got off the phone with customer service. The extension campaign ended last year. Not all customers were made aware of the extension campaign. I visited EVA air website several times last year to search for flights but never saw the campaign being advertised. They won't extend the miles at all even if I transfer miles over from other partners now. This is so stupid. I will never ever choose EVA air miles again.
To be fair, the rule expiration rules were quite clear from the onset and never changed. I wish they would be more inline with Western FFPs, but it is what it is. As someone mentioned above, you can pay to reinstate miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.