Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

BR9 781 to 773: does EVA allow refund/change without penalty due to aircraft change?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BR9 781 to 773: does EVA allow refund/change without penalty due to aircraft change?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2022, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Plat

Taiwan is going to open border, sort of, starting October 13.

My friend booked BR9 from YVR to TPE last month for November travel, specifically for 787-10 experience. The aircraft was changed to 777-300ER today in November schedule. Can this be a reason to ask for change or refund without penalty?

Note: This is business class.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 6:49 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by sfo3388

My friend booked BR9 from YVR to TPE last month for November travel, specifically for 787-10 experience. The aircraft was changed to 777-300ER today in November schedule. Can this be a reason to ask for change or refund without penalty?

I don't know any airline that would allow a change/refund for only an equipment change.

They should read up on the exact rules of the fare they bought to see what their options are.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 2:42 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sfo3388

No. I've not seen a wide body changed to a wide body be a valid reason on any airline other than when getting "downgraded" from Qatar Q Suites.

Air Canada let me change flights for free back to a wide body flight, but that was when my original flight got down-gauged from a wide body to a narrow body thus lost the lie flat seat on my business class booking.

Last edited by BR787; Sep 25, 2022 at 2:51 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.