Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

CDG or GVA -> TPE Business Class - is Eva Air a good choice after COVID?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2022, 1:35 am
Original Poster

I'd like to offer my mum a business upgrade for CDG-TPE end of October. She has back issue, quite old, and didn't travel for the last 10 years. I think business class would make the trip more more pleasant. She lives around Geneva, but we don't mind going to Paris for to get the direct flight (13 hours). The other option seems to be Turkish Airlines from Geneva (3hours layover in IST, but total of 18 hours journey), but I didn't have great experience with them in Premium economy with TPE-GVA a few days ago, wondering if that will be reflected in Business.

Would you recommend Eva as a good choice for business class?

Thanks!
Old Sep 19, 2022, 12:16 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bledfeet
I'd like to offer my mum a business upgrade for CDG-TPE end of October. She has back issue, quite old, and didn't travel for the last 10 years. I think business class would make the trip more more pleasant. She lives around Geneva, but we don't mind going to Paris for to get the direct flight (13 hours). The other option seems to be Turkish Airlines from Geneva (3hours layover in IST, but total of 18 hours journey), but I didn't have great experience with them in Premium economy with TPE-GVA a few days ago, wondering if that will be reflected in Business.

Would you recommend Eva as a good choice for business class?

Thanks!
EVA J is much better than Turkish J, not that Turkish J is bad by any means.

Also, IST requires a lot of walking -- almost 30 minutes in some cases to the gate -- and given your mother's condition, this will likely be the limiting factor / very annoying. IST truly is humongous. With her condition, a direct flight will minimize the probability of issues while on the ground.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 9:24 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
I had a similar question and just want to confirm again: BR 88 (CDG-TPE) is a fully flat bed (not angled), right?!
Old Sep 26, 2022, 10:40 am
Suspended

Programs: OWE. KLM PE.
EVA beats Turkish any day of the week on service on board, but I would say that if it was my mum and travel time was something I wanted to keep to a minimum, then Turkish would be OK and they do actually offer good ground services in IST.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 11:51 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by totti
I had a similar question and just want to confirm again: BR 88 (CDG-TPE) is a fully flat bed (not angled), right?!
Right. It's always flown by 77Ws and all 77Ws have the same reverse herringbone seats.
totti and ForeverSteel like this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 3:10 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by BR787
Right. It's always flown by 77Ws and all 77Ws have the same reverse herringbone seats.
Terrific, thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.