Search

LHR lounge situation for J class?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2022, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ua *s, kl se, asiana *g
LHR lounge situation for J class?

Hi,

Does anyone have recent experience of the lounge situation at Heathrow?

Am flying out in a few days time. As I understand it, the AC and UA lounges currently both closed well before the EVA flight leaves (although goole suggests UA may be open until 9pm??). Whilst the SQ lounge is open, I read somewhere that they restrict access to their own pax until the earlier of the two evening flights has boarded.

So, I don't want to go out to the B gates early if I can't get into the lounge and will instead just wait in the LH lounge, at least until an hour before departure.

Thanks
Old Sep 9, 2022, 3:37 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by swiss Julie
Hi,

Does anyone have recent experience of the lounge situation at Heathrow?

Am flying out in a few days time. As I understand it, the AC and UA lounges currently both closed well before the EVA flight leaves (although goole suggests UA may be open until 9pm??). Whilst the SQ lounge is open, I read somewhere that they restrict access to their own pax until the earlier of the two evening flights has boarded.

So, I don't want to go out to the B gates early if I can't get into the lounge and will instead just wait in the LH lounge, at least until an hour before departure.

Thanks
Yes, the UA UC is open until 9pm. See the wiki: LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)
Old Sep 10, 2022, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Thanks. the problem is the UA app says it closes at 6pm. I'll ask at check in.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 4:59 am
Original Poster

OK, so here's the deal....

You get a printed invitation to the Air Canada lounge at check in, but that closes at 8pm.

United currently closes at 6pm and Singapore stays open to 10pm

the problem is, SQ can't accommodate everyone if they're busy, so you run the risk of being tipped out of Air Canada and just having to hang around until the 9pm or so SQ flight starts boarding.

Last night, the 10pm SQ flight was cancelled, so they were happy to let me in when I got there about 730pm. It did get noticeably busier at 8pm, presumably as lots of other passengers moved in from Air Canada. Food in SQ lounge is underwhelming but the bar tender was doing a good job.

I was talking to the senior agent who was floating around the check in desks. She said they are lobbying UA and AC to stay open later, and the check in agent also mentioned that I could use the LH lounge - which by all accounts might be the best bet.

FWIW, boarding was announced as starting about 9.10pm but I suspect they started letting J pax on before that.
BR787 likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 11:46 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by swiss Julie
OK, so here's the deal....

You get a printed invitation to the Air Canada lounge at check in, but that closes at 8pm.

United currently closes at 6pm and Singapore stays open to 10pm

the problem is, SQ can't accommodate everyone if they're busy, so you run the risk of being tipped out of Air Canada and just having to hang around until the 9pm or so SQ flight starts boarding.

Last night, the 10pm SQ flight was cancelled, so they were happy to let me in when I got there about 730pm. It did get noticeably busier at 8pm, presumably as lots of other passengers moved in from Air Canada. Food in SQ lounge is underwhelming but the bar tender was doing a good job.

I was talking to the senior agent who was floating around the check in desks. She said they are lobbying UA and AC to stay open later, and the check in agent also mentioned that I could use the LH lounge - which by all accounts might be the best bet.

FWIW, boarding was announced as starting about 9.10pm but I suspect they started letting J pax on before that.
Glad you at least could sit in a lounge until 10pm.

Ya, the food in the LHR SQ lounge has not been great since the pandemic started. It used to be pretty decent back in the day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.