Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

BR 10 YVR-TPE, can I check in with the AC desk?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2022, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: hahaha

Hi I have a BR 9 ticket, with its native flight number, I'm not flying the AC codeshare version of this flight.

I was at YVR a couple of weeks ago at 10:55PM where a looooooong line of passengers were ready to check-in baggage but the check-in desk wouldn't open for another five minutes (the flight is at 02:00 AM)

Problem is, I'll be on this flight in a few days, and I'll be getting to YVR at around 8PM to see my dad off on a domestic flight. Unfortunately, I'll also have about 100 kg of baggage, and would love to offload that before the BR desk opens. Would even love to return to the city to meet up some friends before the 02:00 AM flight.

I see that AC is codesharing this flight on the day of my departure, could I drop off the bags with them instead?

The ticket is a 014 (AC) ticket, however I'm flying BR 9, not AC's codeshare for BR 9. The AC desk will definitely be open.

The alternative is just sitting on my boxes for about 175 minutes, or, ugh, the super expensive luggage storage on the arrivals floor.

Thanks!

Last edited by asovse1; Aug 13, 2022 at 11:42 pm Reason: it's BR9, not BR10, I've only ever done the reverse flight lol
Old Aug 15, 2022, 1:40 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
No you can't.

You'll be flying with BR, so BR is the one to check you in. Doesn't matter if a flight is codeshared with another airline - you always check-in with the operating carrier.
asovse1 likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 9:18 am

Can’t you use the business class check in line as a Star Gold status benefit?
Old Aug 17, 2022, 2:13 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by Beetles
Can’t you use the business class check in line as a Star Gold status benefit?
Those counters don't open any earlier as far as I'm aware. I believe OP's concern lies with the counter opening time, not the length of queues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.