Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Where to sleep during overnight TPE layover?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2021, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, United Silver, National Exec

My wife and I have an upcoming 9 hour overnight layover at TPE. We’re flying EVA business class but it doesn’t appear that the lounge is open all night.

Any ideas on where to sleep? I hate to go all the way into the city.

Appreciate any guidance you can offer.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
I thought transits at TPE were suspended due to current Level 3 epidemic warning?

You should certainly check with your airline if your travel is even possible. You will certainly not be allowed to enter the country to overnight. IIRC even prior to the Level 3 warning, transits were limited to 8 hours.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, United Silver, National Exec
Originally Posted by gengar
I thought transits at TPE were suspended due to current Level 3 epidemic warning?

You should certainly check with your airline if your travel is even possible. You will certainly not be allowed to enter the country to overnight. IIRC even prior to the Level 3 warning, transits were limited to 8 hours.
Our flights aren’t until next March. Hoping that by then EVA and Taiwan will be fully operational.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 6:45 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
During normal times, there's a Novotel Hotel five minutes away from the airport. Airside there is rooms in one of the Plaza Premium Lounges in T2 airside. Both are closed for the foreseeable future.The former is being exclusively used as a quarantine hotel for China Airlines crew right now, given China Airlines owns the hotel.

https://novotel.accor.com/gb/city/ho...ei-v5597.shtml
https://www.plazapremiumlounge.com/e...-departures-t2
Old Jul 21, 2021, 3:17 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM - Jet Blue Mosaic - Hyatt LTG - Marriott Plat - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by flyupfront
Our flights aren’t until next March. Hoping that by then EVA and Taiwan will be fully operational.
No one can know what TPE and Taiwan will be like next March but personally I would be wary of planning a trip based on transit via TPE. Taiwan has more to lose than other countries and is far behind on vaccination relative to other countries so their policy has been extremely conservative. I would seek alternate or at least backup travel plans.

All that said, should TPE and Taiwan fully reopen, traveling into Taipei from TPE is not that difficult with the Taoyuan Airport MRT only taking about 35 minutes to Taipei Main Station where there are many hotel options including Western-brand hotels in the vicinity.
24left likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.