Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need 3 Award Seats

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2021, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

Need 3 Award Seats

What is my best strategy to book 3 award seats in J (YYZ-TPE)? i can see two now available a year out. Does anyone know if i book 2 J seats now on the flight would they release more? or would my only strategy be to book 2 J seats and 1 in economy and wait til close in departure? thanks.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 1:04 am

Programs: IML GOLD, Bonvoy LTPE, WOH Globalist, AAEXPLT
The game is constantly evolving, and nobody can predict how things will change with the progress of the pandemic. As of late they're basically zero'ing out award inventory and pricing revenue tickets basically at double of what you may pay during summer peak season, then flying with 3 out of 4 seats empty. I'd suggest to evaluate your options including cancellation fees, alternate options or heck even a paid J seat.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 4:11 am

I still see up to 2 J spaces out of YYZ or YVR in summer. Last year there was indeed a period of time (approximately July - October) when all award spaces on BR were zero'd out, but that is simply not the case 'as of late.'

For OP's question, the issues are 1) at most 2 J seats are released this far out and 2) summer schedule will likely be cut (it seems BR has not adjusted loaded schedule post-April). If your mileage program allows free rebooking/refund upon schedule change and you are flexible in travel date (not an easy task if you need to book a quarantine hotel in Taiwan), I see no downside in booking 2 seats now. The third seat may open up before departure, or in the worst case revenue J won't be much more expensive than now.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 10:21 am

I snagged 2xJ award seats through Aeroplan for 2022/02 and return 2022/03 YVR-TPE at approximately 350 days out. I also got EF notice of LAX-TPE for 2022/02 at 337 days out. So there are some seats available. I also have seats on regional flights connecting to those TPAC. I have never seen >2 seats on the TPAC flights.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 1:11 am

How about with respect to upgrades? How is the availability for upgrades (using points) to J on BR flights lately, such as LAX-TPE? Are some seats still being released 72H before departure? If anyone has any info, that would be much appreciated!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.