FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/eva-air-infinity-mileagelands-761/)
-   -   BR Adjusts Service/Schedule Due to Coronavirus Outbreak (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/eva-air-infinity-mileagelands/2005501-br-adjusts-service-schedule-due-coronavirus-outbreak.html)

ernestnywang Feb 11, 2020 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Virginia Emery (Post 32058942)
Well, in this specific case the person has a ROC passport that doesn't allow them to enter/stay-inTaiwan freely, and instead she has a PROC visitor visa issued against the ROC passport
I assure you it was stamped, the PROC visa took a full page of the passport

PROC visa on a ROC passport? No way. If this happened, this would be huge news in Taiwan + whichever officer did it would certainly be fired and severely punished.

There used to be certain ROC passports (those without a National ID number) that cannot be used to enter Taiwan freely. I believe this is passé and now every holder of ROC passport (with or without National ID number) can enter Taiwan.

PROC might issue a separate "travel document" if the person has ROC passport, really cannot enter Taiwan, and doesn't have Taibaozheng. The travel document would be a separate booklet and would not be on ROC passport. The travel document may be stamped.

If a person has Taibaozheng, that's all it needs to enter Mainland China.

hayzel7773 Feb 11, 2020 10:08 pm

BR cutting 1 of 3 daily flights to Manila through the end of March.

The evening turn BR277/278 is now cancelled.

CEB remains daily.

Starlux just announced they are pushing back their CEB launch to July.

HKG further reduced to 2 daily from 3.

username Feb 11, 2020 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by Virginia Emery (Post 32059184)
Yup, multiple people, the other two used ROC passport, but am uncertain if they needed "Taibaozheng"

That is the whole point. Mainland China does not recognize ROC passport and people need to use the Taiwan Resident Card (Tai-Bao-Zheng) Mainland issues to enter Mainland China. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mainla...iwan_Residents

hayzel7773 Feb 13, 2020 11:22 am

BR is further reducing their overall Asia network. Cuts newly published are:
TPE-PNH
TPE-HAN (Afternoon Flight)
TPE-SIN (BR215/BR216)
TPE-ICN (late night + early morning turn removed)
TPE-OKA

Frequencies vary throughout the weeks. I can't imagine BR can go on for much longer without having to start introducing unpaid leave and pay reductions.

BlackHappy Feb 13, 2020 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by hayzel7773 (Post 32068185)
I can't imagine BR can go on for much longer without having to start introducing unpaid leave and pay reductions.

I think the union is already negotiating with the company to see whether FAs can take leave on a month by month basis--I think it was 6 months minimum in the past. Like before, I think the sticking point has to do with what happens 1) schedule requests and 2) whether they can use ID/ZED tickets for FAs who choose to take the unpaid leave.

hayzel7773 Feb 14, 2020 7:50 am

Newest Cancellations as of Feb14:
TPE-NRT
TPE-KIX
TPE-CGK
TSA-SHA
TPE-CTU suspended (previously restarted at normal 2x weekly frequency)
TPE-LAX (BR5/6)
TPE-SFO (BR7/8)
TPE-HKG further reduced to 2 daily (1 daily on some days). Flights operated by 78X and A321.

Cancellations vary per day.

hayzel7773 Feb 14, 2020 7:56 am

Originally Posted by BlackHappy (Post 32068800)
I think the union is already negotiating with the company to see whether FAs can take leave on a month by month basis--I think it was 6 months minimum in the past. Like before, I think the sticking point has to do with what happens 1) schedule requests and 2) whether they can use ID/ZED tickets for FAs who choose to take the unpaid leave.

For SARS, it was 6 months unpaid leave with travel benefits (but who in the world wanted to use them at the time) and everyone who did work had to take a massive pay cut. Crew were granted priority schedule requests if they took the offer for 6 months. I was working for BR in the US during that time and they made everyone here take a 15% cut every month (ultimately, it was restored and paid back after they had a profitable year) and they laid some people off in LA. At the time, BR made everyone at TPE HQ take 10% off their pay (paid back with a bonus) and had a hiring freeze for the longest time.

At the end of 2003, BR still gave everyone a one-month end-of-year bonus, despite their financials being all red.

lowfareair Feb 14, 2020 7:56 am

Travel ban in the Philippines was lifted today: https://www.cnnphilippines.com/news/...an-lifted.html

Too late for us - we have already rebooked flights through Tokyo and most likely going to keep them as is.

sfsquared Feb 14, 2020 11:05 am

Has anyone been able to get through the 1800 customer service number? Every time I call, I get some automated "all lines are busy, call back later" response. I even called the local ticketing office line and get rerouted to the generic message. Is there a number that leads to a representative? I've been trying for weeks now...

hayzel7773 Feb 14, 2020 11:24 am

Originally Posted by sfsquared (Post 32072266)
Has anyone been able to get through the 1800 customer service number? Every time I call, I get some automated "all lines are busy, call back later" response. I even called the local ticketing office line and get rerouted to the generic message. Is there a number that leads to a representative? I've been trying for weeks now...

They’re experiencing almost 3x the call volume right now so I think it’ll be a struggle to get through. Try Taipei.

BJE Feb 14, 2020 11:51 am

I waited around 50 minutes when I called the LA office (local number) on Wednesday. My friends also had some reservations issues in Taiwan and called the Taipei office and waited a really long time as well.

MrJBoy Feb 14, 2020 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by hayzel7773 (Post 32071547)
Newest Cancellations as of Feb14:
TPE-NRT
TPE-KIX
TPE-CGK
TSA-SHA
TPE-CTU suspended (previously restarted at normal 2x weekly frequency)
TPE-LAX (BR5/6)
TPE-SFO (BR7/8)
TPE-HKG further reduced to 2 daily (1 daily on some days). Flights operated by 78X and A321.

Cancellations vary per day.

Where can I find the information? How long are the cancellations until?
I'm trying to book BR5 (LAX-TPE) in mid April, so if that's true for my departure, I should book BR11 or BR15, instead.

BJE Feb 14, 2020 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by MrJBoy (Post 32073114)
I'm trying to book BR5 (LAX-TPE) in mid April, so if that's true for my departure, I should book BR11 or BR15, instead.

I am wondering about the same thing too. I can’t find anything like that on EVA’s website Chinese and English.

R.K.Himura Feb 14, 2020 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by MrJBoy (Post 32073114)

BR’s website is horrible to navigate. But you can check the cancellation here and click on “Flight delay / cancellation”

Looks like they are canceling flights on a rolling basis (like during the previous strike). So flights on April is still “good to go” atm

username Feb 14, 2020 11:17 pm

I wish they had one of these OAG type of listing (i.e. Eff/Disc dates) on the cancellations (or schedule for the cities). The website (which is in the Wiki) was not even showing the flights hayzel7773 mentioned when I checked a few hours ago.

Of course, the more fluid and uncertain things are, the more people are going to say "just forget about flying".