Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unaccompanied Minor at Age 15

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2019, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Unaccompanied Minor at Age 15

Hi Everyone. I am going to be traveling alone from Guangzhou, China to Chicago, USA with a four and a half hour layover in Taipei. I am over 12 so the unaccompanied minor service isn’t required, but is it still available for purchase as a 15 year old? If so, what are the benefits to the unaccompanied minor service? I read that they will give you a food voucher to use at the airport with potential access to the lounge (depends on airport). This would be helpful as I would not need Taiwanese currency. Is this true? Thanks.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You might need to buy an unaccompanied minor service for Flyertalk since the terms say "Unless expressly permitted by supplemental terms, our sites and services are intended for general audiences 18 years of age and older, and access or use by anyone younger is not authorized."

https://www.evaair.com/en-global/man...mpanied-minors has the details.

For lounge access, it says:

An unaccompanied minor is not allowed to use the VIP lounge facility at London/Brisbane airport due to alcohol regulations. EVA will provide meal coupons to the unaccompanied minor.

I think the implication is that you have to be in business class to use the lounge. However, you can't at London and Brisbane and they will give you vouchers instead.

However, I worry about this part too:

If the itinerary includes a transfer/stopover that exceeds 4 hours, arrangements must be made in advance by a parent or guardian for an authorized person to meet/pick up the child upon arrival at the stopover/layover point and stay with the child until he/she can be checked back in to continue the trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.