Wiki Posts
Search

TPE fast track for BR's J pax?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:17 am
Original Poster

TPE fast track for BR's J pax?

Hello,

I can't find (neither at FT or elsewhere) an answer to question, if there's fast track to security and/or passport control for J passengers travelling from TPE Airport on international BR's flight? Could you please advise me on this subject?
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:50 am

there is no fast track in TPE for security and immigration
tropikey likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus
If you are transiting through TPE, there is a fast track but only if you are flying J on the onward flight. So, if you are flying from ORD to SGN on J through SGN, then you can skip the long queues.
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 8:08 am
Original Poster

I'll arrive to TPE from SIN, then I have approximately 30 hours layover in Taipei (accommodation + visiting the city) and then I continue my (RTW) trip to YVR
Old Jun 13, 2019, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

30 hours? You've got time. Why do you need Fast Track?

Most of these things move a lot faster in Taiwan than many places. Unless you are travelling during peak periods, it should be OK.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

I'm not saying that I need it I just want to know if such service for J passengers exists, so I could estimate, how early (or rather, how late) I can arrive in the airport before the flight.
Since, as it has been explained here, there's no fast track in TPE, it's fine and I will use common track for security and passport control
Old Jun 13, 2019, 11:48 pm

Programs: TK E+
Arriving the airport 90 minutes before departure is fine. TPE is quite efficient.
tropikey and Yoshi212 like this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 11:35 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
I was wondering about fasttrack as well...Flying BR for the first time in J TPE-JFK at 7pm. What's a good time to arrive at the airport to clear customs and immigration? is there extra screening for US bound flights?
Old Jun 15, 2019, 12:45 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Arriving 90 minutes before your flight will allow you to go through the formalities and enjoy a snack & drink in at least one lounge. Edge to SQ lounge for Asian food and the J BR lounge for Asian & Western options. If you've been out and about before your flight you can refresh in a shower in either lounge which can help set the relaxed mood for your long haul flight.

Don't skip the midflight burger.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kq747
I was wondering about fasttrack as well...Flying BR for the first time in J TPE-JFK at 7pm. What's a good time to arrive at the airport to clear customs and immigration? is there extra screening for US bound flights?
I would get there at 5. Try the lounges (BR and SQ - neither is great) and head to the gate early. US bound flights do require additional inspection at the gate.
kq747 likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by username
I would get there at 5. Try the lounges (BR and SQ - neither is great) and head to the gate early. US bound flights do require additional inspection at the gate.
On a flight last week UA TPE-SFO, there was no additional inspection at the gate. I was (pleasantly) surprised.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:19 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM - Jet Blue Mosaic - Hyatt LTG - Marriott Plat - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by username
US bound flights do require additional inspection at the gate.
Only if you get the dreaded SSSS.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
On a flight last week UA TPE-SFO, there was no additional inspection at the gate. I was (pleasantly) surprised.
That always drive me nuts. They wouldn't let me bring two sealed water bottles on, and then yelled at me when told them to drink it. Why waste a good sealed bottle?

How does duty free work with that anyways?

Originally Posted by strife
Only if you get the dreaded SSSS.
​​​​​​​Last time it was everyone. lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.