Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Can I earn BR award and status miles by flying Air China?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2019, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BR Gold/*G, Ascott Gold

Hi all,

I'm an IML member (silver) right now. I need to go to Beijing for business trip in the next few weeks. I would like to fly business class to there, but I'm not able to book from BR due to limited amount of budget in my company. I've heard rumors that I can earn award and status miles for my IML membership by flying other Star Alliance Airlines, so I've been researching the alternatives. Right now, it seems like Air China will be the best choice for me because it has daily direct flights from SFO to PEK, and it's a lot cheaper than BR.

Could the BR experts confirm whether I'll be able to get the BR award and status miles (more importantly counting toward renewal/upgrade for EVA IML) by flying Air China? The booking class code I'm looking to book from Air China will be the "R" fare. According to the EVA AIR website, I can earn 125% of the miles if I purchase the R booking class? So say according to IATA, the distance between SFO and PEK is 5913 miles. So once I return from this trip, I'll be able to earn 5913 * 1.25 * 2 = 14782.5 miles for my award and status miles in BR, correct?

I also noticed that while I was navigating through the ticket booking site in Air China, it's asking me to write down my Frequent Flyer Program and number when it asks me input my personal information. So I'm assuming the Frequent Flyer Program and Number fields will be very important for my case?

I apologize in advance if this has been raised before. I'm still very new to the membership policies in EVA.
Old May 29, 2019, 2:58 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Yes, only upgrading Green Card to Silver Card requires EVA flights. Upgrading from Silver to Gold or Gold to Diamond can be done through any Star Alliance flights. Requalifying for Silver, Gold, or Diamond can be done on any Star Alliance.

Last edited by BR787; May 29, 2019 at 3:15 pm
Old May 29, 2019, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BR Gold/*G, Ascott Gold
Thanks for confirming!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.