help with award availability

Old Sep 10, 18, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

help with award availability

Hello everyone! Looking to book a flight to USA- TPE - DPS (Bali) in November. Origination point really doesnt matter (JFK, IAH, SEA, LAX, ORD). Is there a specific time to find the best business class availability? Im seeing J seats for the TPE- DPS leg, but only economy for the USA-TPE portion.

Thanks for the help!
Old Sep 10, 18, 10:43 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
About 300 days ago? Not trying to sound harsh but that's when awards open up (~330 days before travel).

Edit: Seeing some, but limited, availability on dates from SEA but haven't checked the TPE-DPS segment.

Last edited by Yoshi212; Sep 10, 18 at 10:49 pm
Old Sep 11, 18, 1:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG75K; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Originally Posted by VeryHumerus View Post
Is there a specific time to find the best business class availability?
BR often opens up seats within approx 12-15 days of departure. It's actually pretty regular on the SFO and LAX flights. SEA often opens earlier.

I'd suggest you check daily.
Old Sep 16, 18, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

what about JFK?
Old Sep 17, 18, 1:22 pm

Programs: Aadvantage
I searched on united.com for availability, it gives you a calendar view.

JFK to TPE had availability in business on 22nd Nov

It might be a good idea to consider Chicago which has two dates available...
13th and 22nd Nov: ORD-TPE

As for flight to DPS, seems like that might limit you further. You may wish to consider alternative destinations than DPS as Eva fly once daily I think, e.g. go to Singapore or Jakarta and then take a cheap flight to DPS.

If you're completely flexible you can fly on 22nd JFK-TPE-SIN which is a pretty good situation and then do whatever for SIN-DPS.

Search this Thread