Search

EVA starts charging exit seats

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2018, 8:45 am
tya
Original Poster

Programs: TK Miles&Smiles, AAdvantage, Flying Blue
EVA starts charging exit seats

Evaair.com had a system maintenance yesterday (May 8th), and travellers in Taiwan have posted on local forum that they found out EVA starts charging emergency exit row seats.
EVA officially states that it's free of charge for its own Gold and Diamond, but someone on Taiwanese forum claimed that he didn;t get charged using ANA Diamond status.

I checked my trip to HND in two weeks, and my Turkish elite (*G equivalent) doesn't waive me the fee. The price tag for HND-TSA on 20K is TWD1,193 (around USD 40).

Ps. Previous EVA system would specify that I am *G next to my TK membership number, but that notation disappear in the new system. I don't know if they simply hide this information from now on, or is there a glitch/delay retrieving my TK*G identity, hencing charging me the exit seat fee.
Old May 9, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by tya
Evaair.com had a system maintenance yesterday (May 8th), and travellers in Taiwan have posted on local forum that they found out EVA starts charging emergency exit row seats.
EVA officially states that it's free of charge for its own Gold and Diamond, but someone on Taiwanese forum claimed that he didn;t get charged using ANA Diamond status.

I checked my trip to HND in two weeks, and my Turkish elite (*G equivalent) doesn't waive me the fee. The price tag for HND-TSA on 20K is TWD1,193 (around USD 40).

Ps. Previous EVA system would specify that I am *G next to my TK membership number, but that notation disappear in the new system. I don't know if they simply hide this information from now on, or is there a glitch/delay retrieving my TK*G identity, hencing charging me the exit seat fee.
Don't think that you can use TK *G to waive any of the fees. If you don't want to pay, you can always try your chances and wait for airport checkin.

Last edited by hayzel7773; May 9, 2018 at 10:11 am
Old May 9, 2018, 10:55 am

Does this mean they will charge for the first row in PE?
Old May 10, 2018, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by tya

Called to ask about the *G, it does not waive the fees. You must pay what other pax would pay for the seats. The sale will close 24hr. prior to departure, where they can be airport assigned free of charge.
Originally Posted by BuBu4
Does this mean they will charge for the first row in PE?
No. This charge is only for emergency exit rows in Y. Bassinet seats are still free of charge.

Official Release:

To provide more choices and to enhance our services, we are going to offer seat selection for exit seats in economy class cabin with charge effective at 10:30AM on May 9, 2018 (Taipei time).

Passengers with confirmed tickets are able to select exit seats and pay in advance via “Manage Your Trip” on EVA website.

Infinity MileageLands Diamond and Gold Card Members can reserve exit row seat and the charge will be waived as an additional benefit.

https://www.evaair.com/en-global/abo...mfortable.html

Last edited by hayzel7773; May 10, 2018 at 11:31 pm
Old Aug 6, 2018, 2:07 am

It seems that the chargeable seat option is quite popular. Effective August 01, the price of the seat will be raised to better suit demand. Prices will be adjusted according to season, flight, and popularity.

Please note that the original price of chargeable seat will be increased from AUG 01, 2018(Taipei time).
Old Aug 6, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: TK Gold
I recently checked with BR HKG office that they also confirmed with me that * Gold does not entitle with selecting blocked seats/ exit row. Only BR * Gold can do so
Old Aug 14, 2018, 12:15 am

Effective August 13(TPE time), pax will be allowed to purchase the seats at the airport up to 12 hours prior to the flight. This is to prevent people freeloading the seats by hoping that they will be assigned these at check-in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.